LegacyGT.com

05 to 07 headunit swap

Whats up guys. New guy here. Just picked up an 05 Legacy Wagon. Like many other I'm sure, the 1st thing I noticed on the car was no aux input. Pretty bummed. After doing some research on Jazzy mods and other things other have done, Im thinking the easiest mod would be to swap an 07 headunit/whole display with the aux input. The car has the analog temp controls just like this. So my question is: will this just swap 100% without any issues? Is the aux in the back of the unit? If so, will all I need is a 3.5mm male-male aux cord?

Here is the unit. Thanks for the help guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-LEGACY-2007-2008-2009-FACTORY-STEREO-6-DISC-CHANGER-MP3-CD-PLAYER-RADIO-/310889167892?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item4862703c14&vxp=mtr

Not sure if you received your answer but as far as the swap goes I know on my swap with the auto controls it was a pretty straight foward swap. The aux input is actually in the center console of those years and it's connected to the radio by a connector. The only other option you have besides the jazzy mod is to pick up a module that ill connect to the sat Function of the radio. I picked up a isimple to connect because its plug and play option for 07-09 radios and you can add bluetooth or an aux to it. Grom also makes a plug and play module. Hope that helps.

Archived