LegacyGT.com

LGT impressions at 5 days

its been 5 days since i picked up my LGT Limited 5 speed wagon. (rule #1, my bugeye WRX had 263awhp and 257awtq, 1 owner, STi V7 suspension, kartboy bushings and 90k miles on original clutch) first thing, i am actually enjoying the sleeper effect. i like that not a head turns to see me. cops dont even glance. compared to my world rally blue and gold-wheeled WRX, the black pearl Leggy feels like the stealth fighter :lol: the car is actually fun to drive slow.

interior: i was so sick of hearing and reading about how cheezy the WRX interior was. but getting into the Limited makes me feel like im in a high end Mercedes :wub: ergomically, there are flaws, but i can live with them. i hate the position and action of the window switches! i find myself creeping the seat back furthur daily and am now in full pimp position. support? side bolsters? nah, im slip slidin around in those leather seats, but the are coomfy. and i drive to different places daily for my profession. and the dash is nice on the eyes. the lack of an iPod jack is KILLING ME, damn you Subaru, i HATE YOU that was really stupid :spin:

driving: this is where im having some trouble. seems a little difficult to drive her hard. that first-to-second shift is loooong and theres a lot of lift-off or "squat". i cant launch for shit yet. the cutch is much softer as well, but that seems secondary to the rowboat shifter. but the handling seems tight and she absorbs city roads well. i havnt gone across town to my "loop" yet. i dont know if its the "hesitation" or turbo lag or me sucking it, but after i shift into second and stand on it, she seems to stumble or something :confused: i think its difficult to drive without a boost gauge. i cant see what is going on and never thought it would be a big deal. im ordering one tomorrow.

engine: this is where i thought i was going to be really disappointed until i could get the Leggy to stage 2. rolling starts feel good and the extra .5L of displacement is instantly noticeable. 5th gear is quite different. on the 500+ mile drive home i was constantly amazed at the stock pull in 5th up high. i think almost as strong as my old car. i gotta look up the gear ratios, im curious.

sound: i thought this was a Subaru? you dont hear ANYTHING with all the windows down and the sunroof open? i know it would be quiet as its just a family mover, but wow! i guess the WRX was really loud! my wife hated it. i ordered the Prodrive cans the morning after i got the car!! ;)

thanks for reading,

Bob in Cleveland

Congrats on your purchase.

Interior: no ipod jack yes that sucks...

Driving: putting a free flowing exhaust system on it will help the 1st gear launching along with a short throw shifter and bushings. The stumble in 2nd at about 2000 to 2500 rpms is common in these cars. An accessport will eliminate that.

Sound: yeah OEM is pretty darn quiet.

glad you enjoy it.

the shifter is one of the things i still cant stand about the car. it fights me as im trying to downshift and a few times it wouldnt let me get back into 4th.

the cobb short shifter helped a little and the new shiftknob but still leaves quite a bit to be desired.

car for sale. PM me!

the lack of an iPod jack is KILLING ME, damn you Subaru, i HATE YOU that was really stupid :spin:

Sounds like you're enjoying it! Coming from a Lexus IS300, I thought it was a big step in a better direction. I hear your grief on the iPod jack, though Jazzymt helped alleviate that pain considerably :lol:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504

Enjoy, and Welcome!

I went from a Mustang Cobra convertible to the Spec.B. I love the stealthyness and better handling but I do miss the raw power the Cobra had. Cops don't give me a second look now.

I went from a Mustang Cobra convertible to the Spec.B. I love the stealthyness and better handling but I do miss the raw power the Cobra had. Cops don't give me a second look now.

might i direct you to the turbo powertrains section :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

congrats and welcome. LGT is a fun car. Even after owning mine for almost 4 years i love to drive it and enjoy it now more then the day i bought it. personally I prefer the oem shifter with upgraded bushings. even stage 2 with every replaced in the exhaust cept for the stock mufflers the car is nice and quiet. this is important because hot chicks like to cruise in comfort.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i went from an integra ls to my LGT! i love everything about my LGT, especially the turbo and AWD. at first it was hard adjusting to the way the car handles with awd but now after learning how the car reacts through corners, it make everything i have ever driven feel slow through a corner, except my gsxr. i can't wait until i get my KW v2s

oh and the car is crazy smooth......it gives the car a deceptively fast feel. everytime i look at my speedo i'm always above speed limit

glad you like the LGT.......i love mines

I've had my 08 Legacy 2.5 Limited for about a month now. I have about 1500 miles on it. I came from a 2002 WRX with 252whp. The Legacy is an upgrade regarding luxury appeal and a more relaxed ride. I do miss the power of going to a non-turbo car. Is there anything I can do gain some HP without voiding the new warantee?

use the window switches for a while and this will seem like the only logical way for them to work. You will have trouble switching to domestic cars and trying to roll down their windows. I get very frustrated especially at night when in said vehicles because I cant get the windows to go down. :lol:

if you're disappointed with the legacy unless its stage 2 you should probably buy something like a vette or something.. I mean you can only do so much with a 4cyl car and it still be street driveable. It makes no great sense to have a daily driver with so much invested in mods.

prodrives sound good, but imo the stock exhaust and road noise from the LGT is far too loud. You should try the silence for a while. It adds to the sleeper feel and you dont have hearing damage from driving to work and back.

points aside welcome to the forums.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I came from a 87 supra with 500+rwhp and a 2000 T/A with 400+rwhp so i needed stage 2 right away just to be somewhat happy. All my friends when they first rode in the car couldnt believe how quite it was, and how smooth it feels. 2 of them even sold there cars cause they thought they were too loud and annoying

if you're disappointed with the legacy unless its stage 2 you should probably buy something like a vette or something..

dont get me wrong, im not unhappy AT ALL!

prodrives sound good, but imo the stock exhaust and road noise from the LGT is far too loud.

what.. far too loud :confused: i dont understand. im hoping the Prodrives will be a perfect blend of stock "quiet" and boxer rumble.

points aside welcome to the forums.

THANKS! i like it here!

The legacy stage 2 is enough for me as a DD, but i made the mistake of selling both of my performance cars(supra and T/A) so up until now all i had to drive was the legacy. And now that summer is here i see all my friends pulling there cars out of storage and pissing me off lol. So i solved the problem by buying a sportbike and now im happy again, i have an awesome 300+hp(at the crank) DD and a sportbike for those nice days.

I have an E36 Me 'vert, which was my «sports» car. The Subie is so much quicker and tighter, I'm going to sell the BMW. Too bad. It's a nice ride, but the turbo rush (Stage 2 FTW) is just too thrilling.

The legacy stage 2 is enough for me as a DD, but i made the mistake of selling both of my performance cars(supra and T/A) so up until now all i had to drive was the legacy. And now that summer is here i see all my friends pulling there cars out of storage and pissing me off lol. So i solved the problem by buying a sportbike and now im happy again, i have an awesome 300+hp(at the crank) DD and a sportbike for those nice days.

cough cough big turrrrrrrrrrrbo

car for sale. PM me!

I've had my 2007 LGT for almost a year and I continue to be impressed at the car. Especially by it's ability to pull off the line like a mofo.

I currently own a lightly modded 5th gen Corvette as well but my stock LGT can probably outrun it to highway speeds.

A few days ago, I rode shotgun in another C5 with 600hp at the crank and I'd still say that my stock LGT was faster to near highway speeds than that car. :lol:

Perhaps it's the sudden boost of the turbo vs the linear acceleration of the Corvette but I have to admit the LGT makes me slime just as often.

The natural squat the Legacy has makes it feel faster. I seriously doubt you can out run a modded vette unless you've got some pretty serious mods yourself.

I'm still trying to borrow a G-Tech from a friend so that I can put my curiosity to rest.

It's probably the sudden boost of the turbo or the silent nature of the LGT which makes it feel faster but either way, I really like these 2 cars. They make great partners. :)

Archived