LegacyGT.com

Better All Weather Floormats - Searched...

SkiDaddy

After 11 months of ownership I've worn through the OEM all weather floormats in a few places, enough to let water get in under the floormats. Not much, but definately time for replacement.

Who sells a thicker/better quality rubber floormat that fits nicely? I only need the drivers side, so just a front set will do. Thanks.

Most third party brands fit numerous applications, they will be a compromise in your footwell. NOTHING will fit like the OEM mat (look at the effin shape of it!). Just by another set. Floomats do not last forever.
It is still ugly.

Weathertech's are great. It has a spot for the existing anchor. No complaints at all. They don't slide or bunch up.

I had the OEM's in my 04 WRX. If I had to compare the fit, the weathertechs are much nicer.

There's a few posts on here about them. Do a couple searches and you'll be able to find a few pictures.

I have the weathertech floorliner in my Odyssey. The liners really are conformal to the shape of the car and does a great job. The only problem I have is that on the Odyssey, the hood release is now covered by the sidewall of the liner since the liner comes up the side for protection.

A lot more money than OEM.

I believe this is an actual picture of the Subaru Legacy FloorLiner on their web page.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=52&make_id=49&year_no=2006&veh_id=618&veh_opt_choice_id=0

I have Husky mats in front nad Husky liner in the back.

The driver one fit is not great, but I like the soft rubber and coverage. The liner is stiff and plasticky but good for rear passangers (kids), because it covers the hump.

I also bought and returned weathertechs and they coverage sucks, lots of carpeting exposed on the sides.

The deep rubbery floormats sold by BJ's and Costco wholesale clubs "KRACO" brand are easy to trim with kraft scissors and hold quite a bit of melting snow & mud.

They also come in several colors, Black, Navy Blue, Tan and Clear.

I've had different sets in all of my cars over the past 8 years and these are well worth the $29.00 for a set of 2 fronts and 2 rears. :lol:

i have the weather tech floorliners and i think that they work pretty good. my only gripe is that they should have some nubs or spikes or something like the factoy floormats so that they grip the floor better. it's not that move all over, but they moved a little when you first get in and you have all your weight on the one foot getting in. i just put the hook side of some velcro on the bottom, and it worked better. also the rear liners fit pertfectly to the floor, and match the fronts,but if you have the factory sub they kind of overlap it a little. i have'nt noticed any problems with them yet and they keep my foolrs clean.i dont think that you would ever wear these out because they are made of a rubbery textured molded plastic. anyway hope this helps!
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

the only question i have is, HOW DO YOU WEAR OUT THE MATS IN 11 MOS.?!?!

I wore thru the tops of the ridges in several places; not enough to notice but enough to let water thru, and I noticed the carpet was wet, leading me to find the worn thru mats. I have 25,000 on her now AND it's a stick. :icon_mrgr

Also, when getting in the car from riding the ski with my dripping wet wetsuit booties sand & small shells always seem to stick to the bottom of my feet, no matter how much I bang them together, accelerating the wear on the floormats.

You may want to hold yours up to the light, you may be surprised what you find!

Yes, I live in Florida.:icon_bigg The LGT pulls a trailer well in deep sand. (5MT too!):icon_cool

I have the Husky's and overall I think they work fine. I trimmed the hole for the trunk release and cut out a hole for the cluch (when you push the cluch it moved the mat forward). All the mud I get in the car, none of it ever gets on the carpets.

I have the Husky's and overall I think they work fine. I trimmed the hole for the trunk release and cut out a hole for the cluch (when you push the cluch it moved the mat forward). All the mud I get in the car, none of it ever gets on the carpets.

Do you mean you cut a hole for the clutch arm, or clutch pedal itself?

Do you have any pics of yours installed (drivers side)?

Please do show us. I have the front husky liners now... (christmas present) and I have noticed that the clutch does mess with the placement. I have yet to cut the hole for the trunk and fuel door, and I need to vacuum the car yet again... but over all, they are nice.

This is the liner! It SUCKS! It's stiff and plasticky.

I have Husky mats - different animal - better than Weathertech. Compared side to side.

Archived