LegacyGT.com

GPS systems. Any suggestions?

franklin

I have a Garmin 2610 . and love it. I use it in all my cars and even on the motorcycle . the only minus is it has no internal batteries for out of the car use eg hiking , rest stops inside the diner. other that that i love it and i get to keep it when i sell the car.

what ever unit you get make sure it has functions to download your routes and other info back to your pc for latter review.

are you looking for a dedicated Car unit, or a handheld?

if you're going for a handheld that works in cars, i'd go with the garmin GPS MAP60

I have that one. It works wonderfully in the car, but it's a little harder to operate and get directions from than the others. The tradeoff is that it is battery powered, waterproof, shockproof, and floats. I use it everywhere I go.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

are you looking for a dedicated Car unit, or a handheld?

if you're going for a handheld that works in cars, i'd go with the garmin GPS MAP60

I have that one. It works wonderfully in the car, but it's a little harder to operate and get directions from than the others. The tradeoff is that it is battery powered, waterproof, shockproof, and floats. I use it everywhere I go.

Im looking for a unit intended to be used in cars not a handheld unit. I want something easy to use and accurate.

c340 has no hard drive, usb updatable

has text to speech "turn left on Maple Street"

touchscreen

built in battery up to ~4 hrs use unplugged

quick release from windshield mount

spooky easy to use

more $$ but nice

c340 has no hard drive, usb updatable

has text to speech "turn left on Maple Street"

touchscreen

built in battery up to ~4 hrs use unplugged

quick release from windshield mount

spooky easy to use

more $$ but nice

Thanks for the help guys. When I part with this much money I like to think I reviewed my options. I settled on a C340 Garmin unit ordered today. Hope Jr's pleased. franklin:munch:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived