LegacyGT.com

Any Tuners in/around the Bay Area?

Masaru

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there were any recommended tuners in the Bay since I'm down in San Jose. I searched thru some topics about this, but they were a bit old. So I'm checking if any recent tuners have started up or your experiences with those that have been around for a while.

Thanks in advance!

one nice thing about having jared do it in truckee is if u have any hardware issues it will be easy to diagnose where as etunes are great but if u have any hardware problems its gonna be real hard to have them tune your car properly.

I was shopping around for headgasket repair/motor rebuild. They didn't want anything to do with me bringing in the motor alone for the teardown/rebuild.

Their reply over the phone as they would only do it if they did the entire job... Yeah no thanks at that price.

Who here has used GST for tuning? Over the phone his wife (I guess wife) just prices them right out of the park for any wrenching. 7K for the work I"m doing to the OBXT. I think not.

I had GST install catless UP, 650cc injectors, bnr16g turbo and tune it. I felt the price was reasonable, although they seemed to rush the tuning. Plus, they only do Cobb (and maybe Ecutek), no open source.

I've since done e-tunes with Mike @ TA and throttlehappy.

I had GST install catless UP, 650cc injectors, bnr16g turbo and tune it. I felt the price was reasonable, although they seemed to rush the tuning. Plus, they only do Cobb (and maybe Ecutek), no open source.

I've since done e-tunes with Mike @ TA and throttlehappy.

out of curiosity what did they charge you?

Ahq - mountain view - is garbage IMO. Nice people but poor work.

Snail - Rocklin is perfect for tuning but a bit far.

Gst - Hayward? - is about the closest in terms of distance, they're great. See gst l time attack for reference.

Fw Motorsport - Rocklin - solid shop to get repairs or maintenance done.

Lic Motorsport - Novato - see above

Eq - don't know where - is the lulz

As for tuning I'm not a fan of e-tunes. It's always best to go dyno tune. Unless you have tuning software you're more than likely not getting the proper readings to give to your tuner.

Probably true, although.. There aren't that many that are within driving distance.. And GST wants to charge for every minor change..

Any opinions on Garage 1 that seems to specialize in Subaru in Campbell (formerly San Jose) and Mountain View? Not a "tuner" as such, but having talked with Aaron, they seem "tuned-friendly" - i.e. they'll install an aftermarket UP/DP, flash a ROM if you help them get it set up, etc.. They don't do any actual tuning, though..

Archived