LegacyGT.com

"Sport" mode, 4EAT

Alright so I've heard a few different answers regarding the Sport mode in the 4EAT, aka sport shift. Searching did not render a good answer. Is it true that in the sport mode it splits the front/rear diff transfer to 60/40 instead of regular 70/30 or something? The difference in regular mode to sport mode is quite noticable. I may be thinking of SI drive, not sure if the 2.5i 4EAT's sport mode also plays around with the center diff. Does anyone know in entirety what the sport mode does exactly(besides shift at higher rpm)?

Sport mode changes the shift maps, and holds a gear if you let off the gas (so you are still in the same gear when you come out of a corner, very clever), and I believe that's about it.

I THINK from doing some reading, manual mode in 1st gear changes the center diff to 50/50, otherwise the center diff is at 90/10. Here's a thread I found with some pretty cool info on a 50/50 center diff switch, it's for an Imprezza, but it should work on a Legacy too:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f8/t99075-4eat-diff-lock-switch-handbrake-mod-torquemada-lite.html

^You must have been driving like a complete asshat. I'm running s.drives on my sedan and have never smoked tires, only gotten some squealing. And that's with 25mm front and rear sway bars on a stage 2 (full catless CBE and OTS AP tune).

Sport mode holds the car in gear for higher RPMs. Its close to redline in the 5EAT, and I'd imagine its the same on the 4EAT. It's sportier shifting, but still won't bounce it off the rev limiter like a manual will.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived