LegacyGT.com

05 GT Limited sedan = $?

squidsmuggler

Hi everyone this is my first post and I have been enjoying this forum for the last day. SO I went to drive a WRX yesterday at the subaru dealer and hated it, on a whim I thought I should drive the LGT but I thought I could not afford one. I drove an 07' with nav and I loved the car I wanted one right then. The sales guy was awesome and he took me on a half hour drive on twisty roads and encouraged me to get it out of control and I couldn't. So I came home and started doing some research and decided that I want a 05' limited with an auto. Today the dealership called me and said they got in the exact car I wanted a 05' gt limited sedan auto in silver and black w/o nav. and 17,000 mi. The car is in perfect condition as far as I can tell It looks and smells almost the same as the new 07' I drove yesterday. They are asking $25,995 which I know is way to much, I looked at edmunds and for a perfect condition from a dealer is ~$22,000. I have seen private party cars locally for under $20,000 but have not had the chance to look at them. The KBB sheet the dealer printed for me says it should be $25,500 but I think it is b/s. The car was a trade in and arrived minutes before I had gotten there what would be a good price if I can pay in cash and the car won't have to sit more then a few days for them to get rid of it. OR should I just buy from a private party. btw this is in Eugene Oregon Subaru's are everywhere in granolaville

Those are some low miles on that '05. When I was shopping for a used, I found a dealer in my area that had a few '05s listed for $19,000ish with 36000 miles. They said the price was negotiable, too.

KBB is well known for being a bit high on their retail estimates.

http://www.glacierdigital.com/car/Vehicles_maint.php?Select1=1990&Select2=2010&s_yr=&s_Make=&s_Mileage=&s_Model=legacy&s_SuggPrice=&s_Color=&s_Stock=&Button_DoSearch_x=0&Button_DoSearch_y=0&Stock=608

this is the exact car I was looking at before I decided to go brand new. I know it has higher miles, and is an MT, but it is still quite a price difference considering that.

Definitely give those private market cars a look. I have bought nothing but private market prior to my LGT, and I have never been done wrong.

Price difference between private market and retail is in the thousands... the dealers have to cover a ton of overhead (detailing, sales staff, advertising, ect)

Certified used is worth it only when you have a dramatic warranty extension (I think acura used to bump their cert. used cars to 100k mile P.T. warranty) IMHO, cert used is BS without an incredible warranty. The link I sent you in my earlier post had an extended warranty at no additional charge. I think bumper to bumper had about 12,000 miles added to it and the car was still below $20k

If your looking to save some money, definitely buy privately. I got my 05 LGT (non-lmt) with 14,000mi for $17k. Save for a few bumper scrapes, it was perfect. I even got the 100k mi warranty transferred to me.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I agree, buy private party.... I just bought my 06 LGT limited for 21k even (17k miles, it is a manual 5spd though). So there are some good deals to be found. I actually liked the way the 2006 drove better than the 07. Might have been the sales man who didn't want me to take it out of sport mode (no sport sharp). I am so glad I waited cause the best deal I could find new on a 07 was around 26k. So I saved myself 5k in depreciation. I am in the Portland OR area so some what close to you. Keep us posted and throw up some pics when you get your legacy.

RipxLGT

If I am not mistaken Nav. was not offered on the 05's, so chances are that is an 06.

Someone wil correect me if I am mistake. Look at the label under the driver's door to find out when it was manufactured.

X

---

If I am not mistaken Nav. was not offered on the 05's, so chances are that is an 06.

Someone wil correect me if I am mistake. Look at the label under the driver's door to find out when it was manufactured.

X

Didn't his post say it was an 05 without Nav? And in 06, wasn't the Spec-B the only Legacy you could get w/ Nav? You're definitly right about the 05's though. They did not come with Nav, even as an option.

Archived