LegacyGT.com

my stage 2 fiasco

and it was a fiasco. stated taking everything off and it was going good. got to the last DP to turbo bolt and started taking it off and all the sudden BINK the stud snapped, and my heart sank. At this point the idea of pictures was totally gone so sorry to say i don't have any. So I get the pipe off and went to work on the stud and man was that thing a PITA. It fought me tooth and nail. Alot of heat and two melted Vise Grips later the stud came out. In case you have a broken turbo stud use a MAP gas torch and vise grips that have a hex in the center of the adjuster. It worked great to really get it tight enough to really bite down. once you get it moving start with the PB blaster and heat in between and just work it back and forth loosening a little more at a time and it will evertually come out. anyway so after I finally got the stud out and got the new DP on, wrestles the Perrin TMIC on flashed stage 2 map and fired her up. Low and behold a exhaust leak where the DP meets the CBE. Im going to honest and say at this point I was done and went for a little drive. Once the MAP kinda settles down and will lay into a little more to make sure there are no boost leaks and then tackle the DP to CBE exhaust leak. Thats my stage 2 Nightmare.

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

Oh the beer is tasting wonderful right now. I think the place that did my up pipe may have cross threaded that nut and stud. in retrospect i should have stopped and hit it something to take away the stress on the stud. Lesson Learned

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

beer may have made the situation worse. i already have a burn and a swollen hand from hitting the vice grip trying to get the stud to move. beer was better saved till after it was all in and running

Archived