LegacyGT.com

Legacy patch panels ???

hi!

I have a 1995 Legacy wagon. I live in New England. The area on the body just behind the rear wheels is rusted - just above where the fender meets the bumper. About 90% of the same car I see in New England have the same rust problem.

Is there a source for a patch panel for this area?? I would like to cut out the rusted area, braze good metal in, and go from there, vs the Bondo route, which never lasts long.

thanks!

John

1995 Legacy AWD manual wagon. 224,000 miles, original motor

thats what im doing with my svx under the running boards right now

i first started with grinding the rust area out and cleaning the surface around it for a good contact for the welding, from there you need some thinner sheet metal make it the size you need and tack it in (which is the problem im having i have to thick of a feed on my welder( and dont want to buy a new roll for this project)) and grind it down to make it flush and natural looking

my other problem is i cant get the door off which would make the job 100000x easier so if anybody has some ideas with that , would be very helpfull

subaru svx

First concept car to go to production without massive body changes, had double layered windows which gave the best vision, and a 3.3 litre subaru H6

the only bad thing was that in only came in AUTOMATIC

and was super heavy for a coupe, eating rotors up quick,

but worst was that the 3.3 ate through transmissions almost every 100,000 miles

that being said i almost bought one of those cars, wish i had.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1148/4501/2869750002_large.jpg

Crazy windows

http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/07/10/13/28/1994-subaru-svx-2-dr-ls-coupe-pic-8493.jpeg

what a great car. too bad about the transmissions...and the slushbox. but it was sharp, quick, and apparently fun to drive.

sorry to jack the thread but ya i love that car and i almost got one with 180,000 kilometers on it for 2800 bucks, i paid almost double for my legacy with 139,000 on it lol. but i think the svx would of caused me alot more repair bills

Archived