LegacyGT.com

Best BOV?

Hey guys.. new to the forum here but not legacy thats for sure.. my first car was a 1993 legacy n/a automatic fwd :mad:.. the car never let me down.. just kept going and going and going... when i traded it in it had upwards of 226K on it and still ran like a champ.. i now have a 1993- but a little more fun with a turbo 5spd awd :)... i absolutely love this car and the fact that not a lot of ppl have it around here makes it even better... i really wanna set up an BOV with stalk intake for now.. any ideas? thanks guys/gals i feel like i'm in good hands already;)... also any simple upgrades (aka cheap diy type stuff)... coming soon pics*... intake, full exhaust and suspension as well.. later doods/doodettes:cool:

My wife installed the GFB BOV on her 05 LGT. She likes it.

do you know what type of sound it gives off? i'm looking for a whistle.. been told that a stock wrx 'bypass valve' would give it that sound? heard it from a local up here in his car it sounded nasty:eek:

MAF and a BOV aren't a good idea. Check the NASIOC forums for experiences with it.

Basically, the excess venting of atmosphere with the BOV screws up the MAF readings, which in turn screws up how the computer "sees" how air is coming into the engine and how much fuel and timing to give it. (moreso on the fuel side, ie. misfiring sometimes).

If you really want an BOV, get one that at least recirc some of the air back into the system.

Find a universal greddy type S and make an adapter (im not familiar with your stock valve). The type S whistles, just make sure to have it recirculated. An intake will be needed also for it to sound. Bypass anything that vents more than 50% because it will cause you to run rich in between shifts and backfire. I have a type S and love it, I sold my GFB for it.

What other sound would it make?

ah, they do make different sounds you know? :rolleyes:

Infamous1- where did you get your intake from if you did the same setup? i realize in a different car obv.

MAF and a BOV aren't a good idea. Check the NASIOC forums for experiences with it.

Basically, the excess venting of atmosphere with the BOV screws up the MAF readings, which in turn screws up how the computer "sees" how air is coming into the engine and how much fuel and timing to give it. (moreso on the fuel side, ie. misfiring sometimes).

If you really want an BOV, get one that at least recirc some of the air back into the system.

yes i have had idle problems.. ok well i will try to find something.. thanks for all the input guys :)

AVO BOV is full return. Basically it works same way as stock, but with tougher spring so a lot more air gets circulated into turbos than with stock. It lets a bit of air out and it makes the WRC type sound when it does... kinda cool

where can you find that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived