LegacyGT.com

Fumoto Drain Plugs

Just wanted to have some user input. I've heard reviews, both good and bad. Some people have these things leak on them and some run them for years without issue... just wanted to hear some feed back from people who use them.

Yes it has been used buy 2.5i and turbo folk alike. I think a few years ago folks were afraid of leakage but those valves have stood up to many tests on many different makes and models. I looked into getting one myself but never pulled the trigger but it has always lingered around my mind :lol:

This has been a great mod for me so far. Saves time and mess, and a few bucks spent on drain plug gaskets. But in my opinion it has already saved me its cost in time alone.

Here is write-up I did on my install.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4389354&postcount=7

You can put a magnet on the outside of the oil pan near the drain plug and leave it there all the time. That will hold metal fragments and shavings on the inside of the pan where the magnet is and when you drain it, just remove the magnet before the drain and any debris should get washed right out the drain hole.

You can put a magnet on the outside of the oil pan near the drain plug and leave it there all the time. That will hold metal fragments and shavings on the inside of the pan where the magnet is and when you drain it, just remove the magnet before the drain and any debris should get washed right out the drain hole.

That is such a good idea :) thanks man!

• 4 weeks later...
these drain plugs are awesome! i used them on my 05 STi and my 07 legacy. I got mine from SoJDM.com, i dont know exactly what part number for specific models, i just emailed them and they hooked me up with the correct drain plug. you wont be disappointed, it makes oil changes a breeze

Archived