LegacyGT.com

What? Garden hose for turbo inlet tube?

Brought the car into the dealership for some unrelated maintenance items. The tech discovered that a garden hose has been placed on the turbo inlet tube and said it was "oil soaked". I bought this car used, so it had to be the PO or shady mechanic that did this. Currently has 85k miles.

I'm going to get under the hood tomorrow and try to verify. Obviously, this needs to be replaced eventually. Has anyone heard of this?

Update...

Alright. Got under the hood and poked around. It's NOT the oil inlet tube to the turbo. That is OEM. It's the oil supply hose that runs on top of the intake that runs from one side of the engine block to the other. It's about a 12 inch section. It also has an OEM tee connector with a 5 inch section that looks like it's going into the intake, but not sure. Both sections are red and resemble a garden hose in construction and are located on top of the intake at the bottom of the intercooler, if that makes sense. However, after reading NAPA on the underside of one hose, I think it's safe to say it's not the garden variety. :lol:

I'll take some photos tomorrow for ya'll to see what I have.

Archived