LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Limited with engine problems?

The CL ad says that it just quit running and now it will crank but not start. Before it quit running it was throwing a Map sensor code. He is asking 4300 dollars for it so I feel like it should be something fixable enough to have a good car for a cheap price. Do you guys think it should be a somewhat easy fix?

Any input is appreciated, I really think this could be a good car I just want to know how big of a risk you guys think it is.

What's if the engines junk? That's the biggest risk? Also, you can't drive the car so you don't know what the drivetrain is like; all wheel drives issues, clutch issues, etc......kind of scary. How's the suspension and brakes? Hard to tell without driving.

It could be a total steal, but normally people have something diagnosed AND fixed if its easy OR diagnosed and NOT FIXED if its big dollars.

Find out where the seller serviced the car and then contact them asking if they diagnosed the no start condition ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Can you do the work yourself? And I mean off of it -- engine rebuilds, transmission rebuilds.

If not, no way.

The only way this guy is selling it for $4800 broken rather than $9k fixed is because whatever has to be fixed will cost him $5k+.

If you can do all the work yourself, it can be worth it. Otherwise, buy a car that works.

Archived