LegacyGT.com

Does aftermarket CBE void warranty?

CTATV

hey I was thinking of getting an SPT catback exhaust to prevent any warranty issues but somebody told me any CBE would not void the warranty. anybody have personal experience with this dilemma?

Warranty claims are handled on a case-by-case basis, so nothing will void your warranty outright. If you have a repair that needs to be done and it is covered under the warranty, The dealer may refuse to repair the item if they believe that the aftermarket part caused the problem. It is not up to them to prove the part caused the problem. They must fix the part, then submit the charges to Subaru of America for reimbursement. If they believe that Subaru of America will not reimburse them for the charges due to the part, you can be sure that you will be shelling out the money for the repair.

That said, how many problems can be caused by a cat-back exhaust? I don't have the smarts to answer that one but depending on how nice your dealer is, you may be plesantly or unplesantly surprised if something goes wrong.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

hey I was thinking of getting an SPT catback exhaust to prevent any warranty issues but somebody told me any CBE would not void the warranty. anybody have personal experience with this dilemma?

You are pretty safe with any CBE. Most dealers won't even notice it, but it really depends upon the dealer. I've changed almost every part of my exhaust from the block back and my dealer still honors the warranty, but they are cool and even installed a few aftermarket parts for me. If worst come to worst and you feel it might effect a warranty claim; it only takes about 15 minutes to remove it and re-install the stock parts. Again, they can't deny you coverage of a bad alternator because of your CBE. It must be directly related and proven that changing said part caused said failure.

I went with the SPT CBE, but not for warranty reasons; I just liked it. You can get many other nice CBE's for a lot less money. But if you like the SPT and have the cash go for it. I love mine. It has a nice quiet rumble while cruising unless you open it up; then it gets loud.

Here is a link to a sound clip of my SPT CBE: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=NhbTbKTR0PU]YouTube - 05 Subaru Legacy GT SPT Exhuast[/ame]

Let's kick this pig!

how much did you get it for and where did you get it?

You are pretty safe with any CBE. Most dealers won't even notice it, but it really depends upon the dealer. I've changed almost every part of my exhaust from the block back and my dealer still honors the warranty, but they are cool and even installed a few aftermarket parts for me. If worst come to worst and you feel it might effect a warranty claim; it only takes about 15 minutes to remove it and re-install the stock parts. Again, they can't deny you coverage of a bad alternator because of your CBE. It must be directly related and proven that changing said part caused said failure.

I went with the SPT CBE, but not for warranty reasons; I just liked it. You can get many other nice CBE's for a lot less money. But if you like the SPT and have the cash go for it. I love mine. It has a nice quiet rumble while cruising unless you open it up; then it gets loud.

Here is a link to a sound clip of my SPT CBE:

I bought mine from the dealership early last spring for $990 with tax it was $1053. You can get them cheaper than that nowadays from a couple places online. You might also look for some of those discount coupons that dealerships and SoA send out once in a while for 10-20% of accessories purchases. If you buy online try to get free shipping and save a little there. For me it was the same price to buy locally and pay tax or buy online and pay shipping at the time.
Let's kick this pig!

Archived