LegacyGT.com

Sun Visor Stickers

Legacy_Fan

Has anyone taken off the yellow and white warning stickers on the sunvisors? On most cars it looks like they are bonded in, but here it looks like a sticker than can come off. One corner is a little loose already. Just woundering if anyone has tried it!!

I can't stand those stickers and I always try to peel them off as soon as I get a new car. Most times it's not worth it because it leaves a messy spot on the visor but these actually came off quite cleanly. Here are some pics: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/andymcsorley/DSCN3170.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/andymcsorley/DSCN3172.jpg[/img] There's obviously a slight difference in color but it's not very noticeable (certainly less obvious than a huge yellow sticker in my face). I used an exacto knife to get an edge started then peeled the sticker away carefully and evenly to avoid leaving any of the adhesive stuck to the visor. Good luck!

Yes, they probably do. I replaced one of my visors on my Forester and it had the warning sticker already on it. But since the design had changed over the years, I had mismatched stickers -- even worse than two of the same kind! Ken

• 5 months later...
See this is the beauty of having a search option. I just came on here, cuz I was wondering about those dang stickers, and wanted them off. Well after reading the posts and seeing the pictures I decided to take them off. I did, but there is some glue or sticker residue left over and I peeled it off slowly, however it looks one hell of a lot better than having the yellow warnings . The worse part about the stickers is that they are bigger because the warning is repeated in spanish. But I am happy now that they are off. Thanks

• 5 months later...
Guys a perfect soultion to the glue residue is to take a warm iron and a piece of paper towel. Take the paper towel and fold in half. then tuck one end under the flap on the visor - and the other end around and under the visor so that it is tucked between the visor and the interior roof. This way you have two free hands to hold the iron. Now take the iron and put it up against the paper towel. Slowly pass the iron around the entire area- remember the iron only needs to be on a middle setting. The glue melts and some will trasfer to the paper towel. Check your progress repeatedly. Keep going untill you have nearly no residue. You can not even tell I pulled the sticker after doing this process- and I pulled it only a few minutes ago. Overall look is perfect. By the way you can use this same process if you spill hot wax on a carpet or clothes. Works really well. Thank goodness I had a stoner of a roomate in college who spilled wax a half dozen times or I would never have tried this out!

Archived