LegacyGT.com

96 legacy wagon

^ LOL!

Just get a 200hp shot of NOS!!

Seriously though, even if you got a performance header and cat back exhaust, CIA and a mad Neon coil pack you won't see that big of a power increase. You would probably go from 130 hp to 145hp if your lucky. Just saying.

^ not even that, your lucky to have 100 HP with that motor if you have more than 100k miles. It will just sound cooler and get you better fuel efficiency. The butt dyno will tell you that you have increased mad horsepower but don't believe it. It is fun to add those mods, and make the car yours but don't expect to burn people with it.

I would start with suspension mods, puts the power you already have to the ground better, lowering springs, sway bars solid, endlinks, stuff like that. So that way if your not real fast you could be more agile.

Borla replica UEL headers and your choice of muffler would get you a nice sound. There are a lot of you tube videos of this setup. There's nothing I'd do to the intake. It's designed fairly well and lots of aftermarket "short ram" intakes just suck in hot air from the engine bay.

A good "stage 0" is a nice place to start too. Make sure all your recommended maintenance is up to date and maybe use a fuel system cleaner before your next oil change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

For your car I would suggest just getting it as close to stock HP as possible. That would just make the car run better and in return feel a lot better.

Seafoam has worked well for me. Add some to your oil 300 miles before the oil change. It will free up sticky crap then drain the oil. Add synthetics and a good filter.

If you don't have a fuel injection system cleaning tool then try this.

Put a full can of seafoam in half a tank of gas that will give the seafoam more cleaning power then run the tank to empty fill up with 91 octane once. That will help what little seafoam is left to clean the injectors also. Then add what ever your desired or afforded octane. That should remove a lot of gunk from the old injectors. Unless they are clogged pretty badly.

Clean the intake with the spray seafoam. That will help air flow.

And stay away from the K&N drop in filtera. They don't do anything but get the wet crap in the intake manifold and I have seen engines lose power from them. My BMW did. Since then I do 'dry flows" like AEM's or dealer "OEM" stock filters.

Try some new o2 sensors. And little things like that. Clean the egr if it has one. Clean all the sensors check the fuel filter get a new one. Replace hoses.

Then do supporting mods. Suspension sway bars.

Fake nos purge kits with neon lights... You get the picture. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sounds good to me. ill try the seafoam. and probly clean the outside as best i can without myself freezing. when i replace the head gaskets maby ill clean the valves and ports real good sense ill have the heads off anyway, wouldent be a bad time to replace the timing belt either i guesse

sounds good to me. ill try the seafoam. and probly clean the outside as best i can without myself freezing. when i replace the head gaskets maby ill clean the valves and ports real good sense ill have the heads off anyway, wouldent be a bad time to replace the timing belt either i guesse

Check the water pump. And do the pullies with the belts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a good plan of action. I've used a few different fuel system cleaners with equal success. It's essentially just some solvent so it doesn't need to be too fancy or expensive.

After I did the first Seafoam on my car, I try to give it a tank of Chevron w/ techron or V-power from time to time to keep the injectors clean.

Archived