LegacyGT.com

Cubby/clock install in Nav car

DeathToad

Cubby/clock install in Nav car?

Sold my nav system since I'm going the JDM route, installed a cubby/clock in its place. Found a partial clock pinout in this thread but it doesn't say what some of the connections are for. Trying to figure out which wires from the Nav dash harness would need to connect to the clock harness on the other pins. I have the clock working but the text readout just reads 'Err'

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/prosport-halo-electric-boost-gauge-cubby-install-190307.html?t=190307

All the wire from what I know can be grabbed from the Gauge Cluster connector by the drivers side heater vent(22pin Green Amp connector). I will take a look at the wiring diagram tonight and see what you need. It's only about 4-5 wires. The most important is the Green/Black wire since I believe that is the one that carrys the information from the ECU.

Ok after looking at the wiring Diagram this is what you need to make this all work.

10 Pin Clock Connector(i59):

1. Violet(This is for Illumination you can grab it from the radio harness)

2. Green(Tapped from the Grey connector under your steering wheel){It's the unit that is black and has like AT/MT on it it's your BIU)

3. Not Used

4. Not Used

5. Yellow(Supposedly can be tapped from the Green 22pin connector behind the gauge cluster, It's pin 18)

6. Black/Yellow(Ground again can be grabbed from Radio harness)

7. Not Used

8. Green/Black(grabbed from the 22pin connector behind the gauge cluster)

9. Yellow/Red(radio harness)

10. Blue/Red(Radio harness)

I hope this helps you out on getting this to work. Like I said before the Green/black wire should carry the info for the temp and such.

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually in the process of doing this, and haven't got it sorted as yet, so I'm interested in what others have to say.

I have tapped into the i119 connector to wire the i59 clock plug and cubby light. I've done a bit of research and found that to get the tripmeter/temp display working I have to get into the back of the dash?.., so have decided not to bother, as I can do without it and I don't want to pull the dash apart as I'm not sure how to do it and I don't wish to damage anything.

I have used 4 wires, black/yellow, violet, red/yellow and red/blue on the clock connector and the clock works fine on the multi display clock ( tripmeter/ clock).

But I decided to purchase a clock only clock 85201AG160 (new one), because I think it looks better in the car? the clock is in the middle of the display.

But when I connect this clock up it works fine until I turn the car lights on.., and then the display goes blank.., turn the lights off and the clock comes back.

So maybe one of the spare wires on the i59 needs an earth for the clock only clock?..

Thank in advance for any ideas.. cheers Ian

it's because you wired it into you dimmer switch. Black/Yellow/Violet. These will make it dimm the clock when the lights are turned on. You need to undo the Black/Yellow and Ground it to a sold black wire or to the chassis frame or any piece of metal in the car. This will make it run a constant!

Thanks AkumaMax.., I have had play around with it and found that by grounding the yellow wire ( #5 ) in the i59 connector to metal behind the cubby.., the clock displays when the lights are turned on now?..., I don't understand it, but it works..cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Old thread I know.

Just thought I'd add that I found a connector behind the radio for the clock/cubby.

Mine didn't have all the wires attached, but the power wires were all in the correct place so I just plugged it in.

Only the clock was working though. Nothing happens when the display button is pressed. I've never seen it working in a original car to see what i'm missing out on.

I'm fine for now since my speedo gauge cluster already has temperature and fuel info on it.

First picture is where I found the connector. Cable tied to the radio loom.

Second and third picture it the differences between the 2 plugs, the left plug being the one that came with the clock, and the right one is part of the existing loom.

1.thumb.jpg.ae9bde0799d66fa3019926d1ccf16e6a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.0ef76100d0048e4c878901a6d7b3720d.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.45ab2fdc476524105be066995c73413b.jpg

Edited by laz0r