LegacyGT.com

STI key in my 98 LGT

decided to treat myself today with a actual key upgrade... I picked up the

STI key from a suby dealership here in Vegas on a wing and a prayer it would fit... The parts guy tried to talk me out of it because the key is about 1/8inch longer then the stock key.... It also seemed a tad bit thicker to me but there was no way I was leaving there empty handed after driving 30mins in 108 degree heat.... Took it to Home depot tonight and BOOM it works...!!!!! That is only in the ignition, no go in the doors which is fine for me since im hands free getting in...

Im not one of those STI envy LGT owners at all I personally think its a little chincy to decal and/or sticker your car in a false manner... BUT, the STI key is really really really nice, its a solid sharp key with a good weight to it, unlike the little baby key that comes with the LGT....

kind of a long write up for just a key i know.....

pps; does any NON wrx, sti Subaru owner feel like the unwanted old friend whenever they go into a Subaru dealership....? maybe its just me...:cool:

decided to treat myself today with a actual key upgrade... I picked up the

STI key from a suby dealership here in Vegas on a wing and a prayer it would fit... The parts guy tried to talk me out of it because the key is about 1/8inch longer then the stock key.... It also seemed a tad bit thicker to me but there was no way I was leaving there empty handed after driving 30mins in 108 degree heat.... Took it to Home depot tonight and BOOM it works...!!!!! That is only in the ignition, no go in the doors which is fine for me since im hands free getting in...

Im not one of those STI envy LGT owners at all I personally think its a little chincy to decal and/or sticker your car in a false manner... BUT, the STI key is really really really nice, its a solid sharp key with a good weight to it, unlike the little baby key that comes with the LGT....

kind of a long write up for just a key i know.....

pps; does any NON wrx, sti Subaru owner feel like the unwanted old friend whenever they go into a Subaru dealership....? maybe its just me...:cool:

What did you mean by 'chincy?'

• I Donated
i like the key

so how good does it work. like real good. can i just pick it up and walk to the car and drive or do you have to know the right moves.

A car is like a woman...you have to touch her just right...and know the right moves

lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i like the key

so how good does it work. like real good. can i just pick it up and walk to the car and drive or do you have to know the right moves.

it works perfectly in the ignition, like i said if you dont have a keyless entry this couldn't be your only key because it doesn't fit in the doors... As long as you put it in with the STI logo facing you its smooth..... It'll make sense when you look at it....

recently i got locked out of my car leaving the interior lights on when i locked it. Unfortunate for me is that I had my STI key with me. Since the damn thing doesnt unlock the doors it unlocked my trunk and I ended up going through there to unlock my door with a coat hanger

lol damn sti key why no unlock door!

recently i got locked out of my car leaving the interior lights on when i locked it. Unfortunate for me is that I had my STI key with me. Since the damn thing doesnt unlock the doors it unlocked my trunk and I ended up going through there to unlock my door with a coat hanger

lol damn sti key why no unlock door!

^^^ A story that tops that.....locked my keys in the car one day at work. The guy that sold me the car only had one key. The sun roof didn't work and could be forced open. I just climbed right in and opened the car right up. Thank God no one saw....

• I Donated
I got a call from a friend one night that locked their keys in the trunk (93 Caprice). I had to jimmy the door lock...then remove the back seat....just to find bars that wouldn't let me crawl into the trunk haha.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived