LegacyGT.com

uppipe problem?

shaunmac9128

I was wondering if the 2.5 lgt's have a catted uppipe stock? Does it have the same common uppipe problem as some of the older wrx's used to have with the cat being broken and blowing the turbo? I was looking at an uppipe and dynotune anyway so I was wondering if it does have the problem I would do that if not I would probably do the downpipe. Thanks.

you should do the DP anyway because it has to come off for you to get access to the up pipe. I did mine all at once and then got it dynotuned.

^+1

That'd be an instant stg 2. And since you would have to get it retuned after a new dp goes in, it'd be a waste to tune it just for the catless up pipe. Definitely do both, and you can probably get away with spending less than $300 for an sti up and a CNT/ERZ (search it) dp.

Good luck and welcome.

and if you dont know already, make sure that piece of sh*t banjo bolt filter is removed.

Did you do anything about the sensor that went into the stock UP? I picked up a STi UP too but it doesnt have a bung for the sensor. Any CELs?

Actually I haven't installed it yet. Tackling that this weekend. From everything I've read, the resistor fix is a no-brainer. Just plug in a 2.2k ohm resistor into the harness which the sensor came from and tape it up to keep any dirt/water out and the resistor in... Then toss the sensor.

The only reason we have the EGT sensor in the UP in the first place is to monitor our EGT's pre-turbo b/c the stock cat can only withstand so much. It makes sure the EGT's don't get out of hand and start burning up the cat. Since you will have no cat, you won't need the EGT sensor.

Good luck on the install - Also you may want to think about getting new gaskets. I've heard people re-use their stockers, but I'm just picking up replacement OEM gaskets to be safe. I forget the part numbers, but your dealer should stock them.

Possible to pull the stock up out the top on our cars? Doubt it but worth asking as I'm NOT looking forward to having to drop the pass side manifold since I'm almost guaranteed to have studs come out of the heads when I loosen the bolts...

my car is an '05 and the passenger side manifold came off without a problem. PB blaster and a breaker bar will be your best friend doing this install. Also don't be surprised if you need to jack the engine up to get the up pipe out, mine kept get caught on what seemed like everything.
I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

Archived