LegacyGT.com

Performance Parts:

Ok, I have lots of experiance with Impreza's but this is my first Legacy so I have a kinda Noob question.

I see alot of AM parts like exhaust and intercoolers for the 05 GT are the same as the 08-10 WRX.

Is that the only years that are compatable.

Im pricing out an Intake, exhaust and turbo upgrade but there is no where near as many options for the Legacy as the Impreza.

Also for a DD how much is a header going to help vs just a up pipe and turbo back?

thanks

For a DD don't bother with a header. Do UP, DP, CBE.

What all do you have planned as far as a turbo upgrade? Depending on what you have planned and your goals, you might not need to do the intake. Search around on the value of an intake on these cars at ~ sub 300hp levels.

You will also obviously need to probably consider fueling mods depending on turbo choice. I'm sure you are aware of that though coming from the impreza platform.

Welcome to the forum!

All you need to know is on here.

Contact Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com he has a small shop in NJ, can get you anything you need, give you great customer service and a good price.

He or his guy's post here a lot and give lots of free advice.

Email him.

Also check the Vendor Forum, and my Tuner http://www.tuningallaince.com he's in Vernon CT right off exit 65 on rt84

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm not going for anything crazy.

Just slightly more than stock, 300hp at most. But not a priority.

16 or 18g turbo Cobb intake, up pipe, exhaust and supporting fuel mods.

Access port, maybe a fmic.

Basically looking at it how STI would have.

It's a dd running 100 miles a day so I'm beginning realistic.

Search for Brentuning thread or Brentuning on youtube.

Its got legacys with just an uppipe and downpipe on stock turbo making 280-289 whp!

Better off getting a intercooler than an intake. Stock intake is good for 350whp i believe.

id start up pipe , dp and then a tune , seeing as u cant run the dp without one .. or got the cobb ap then a dp . use that untill u get a etune or road tune ... btw sti factory up pipe fits our cars , that what i went with . perfect fit and its factory

• I Donated Too

don't be so cocky. No one has even mentioned the time bomb known as the stock intercooler. Either buy a new one or bulletproof the stocker if your looking to go stg 2.

• I Donated Too

300 for DP (tops...ones can be had for cheaper used)

50 for uppipe (used STi UP from nasioc)

150 for etune from cryo

Leaves 300 for a knockoff IPR/Torque Solutions TMIC (if he wants to)

OR

Pay $90 for a BP TMIC

Stg 2 can be done safely for under 600 bucks if you play it smart and buy used

Oh and I almost forgot. The extra money saved can be used for a Tactrix cable for Opensource tuning ($100-200 depending on the model and new vs. used) OR spend 15 bucks for a VAG-COM instead to really save.

I'm pretty happy with my CNT catless Downpipe.. it was $250 new/shipped. Use the $50 to wrap UP/DP. My intake temps have dropped tremendously. I'm stage 2 and I just pulled 237g/s at around 16psi.

The stock BPV will start to get leaky, but the TMIC will leak first.

Search for Brentuning thread or Brentuning on youtube.

Its got legacys with just an uppipe and downpipe on stock turbo making 280-289 whp!

Better off getting a intercooler than an intake. Stock intake is good for 350whp i believe.

289 is not the norm lol

270-280 is more like the range that should be advertised.

Other than that I agree with you for once :)

I got my CNT catless downpipe bnib used for $180. $80 for invidia uppipe. Car came equipped with perrin tmic (probably the only good thing about the car).

Yes if you buy used $800 for stage 2 is doable. But i cannot see how he would want an OTS tune, when he is most likely less than an hour away from arguably the best tuner in New England.

He had got aggrimuffin's tune with up and downpipe, stock tmic to 280whp

Disclaimer: thats not the norm :p but compared to all other members on this site, Brens tunes arent really the norm.

Also add a grimmspeed electric boost control solenoid to the list. Easier for the tuner and worth the money.

Goodluck!

And if you are on the fence, come to the LGT dyno day in March or April and see for yourself the crazy numbers Brentuning can get you.

And no.... Bren doesnt pay me to say all this stuff about him haha. Im just giving back for a guy who took extremely good care of me.

Read up on the fmic... cool at first but it seems a lot of fabrication to the bumper or sacrificing you fog light in some cases

Yeah. The core sizes I'm looking at are 27-30 x7-9 x2.5-3.5.

I'm wanting to fit it under my bumper beam.

Fogs I can loose if needed, only use them for show.

I don't need some massive core. I'm not looking to break records.

Just a quick sleeper.

I haven't searched yet but it was suggested on another site I use a 09 sti turbo.

I thought they were the same as the gt turbo.

I haven't searched yet but it was suggested on another site I use a 09 sti turbo.

I thought they were the same as the gt turbo.

Read this

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboi-wiki-twist-178684.html

And heres my vf52 build thread. Ive seen people around here with the same setup as me only making 280whp... Brentuning has me at 325whp/370wtq !

Read read read

Up/dp and a tune.

Where do you live ?

Tuning Alliance is close and has my wagon at 280whp on mustang dyno, (they read low) and the car will get 25mpg on the highway.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Up/dp and a tune.

Where do you live ?

Tuning Alliance is close and has my wagon at 280whp on mustang dyno, (they read low) and the car will get 25mpg on the highway.

280whp with the vf52??? Thats itt?!!?

Archived