LegacyGT.com

Regular gas.

I was stuck in the middle of nowhere, on fumes. Pulled into the only station around - ARCO. They only had Regular gas (Calif). So I out it in.

How much of a problem is it?

The car run fine with it - most of the driving is mellow freeway driving, but I do notice a slight lack of power.

Just stay off boost as much as you can until you get some 91 (or 93 preferably) in there.

True, but the knock sensor should warn the ECU to retard the timing even if you had to get on the gas pedal should some "emergency acceleration" need arise. So dont panic about 87 octane is what I'm saying. ;)

True, but the knock sensor should warn the ECU to retard the timing even if you had to get on the gas pedal should some "emergency acceleration" need arise. So dont panic about 87 octane is what I'm saying. ;)
I agree. But can't hurt to have staying out of heavy boost in your head. :lol:

Don't worry about it. Drive like you normally would. One fillup of regualr gas won't hurt a thing. You only run into problems if you fill up with less than 91 on a regular basis. All you have to do is fill up with the good stuff as soon as you can. Don't worry about staying out of boost or driving like grandma.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I've been wondering about this 91 octane gas. I never see it, except at Sunoco. Is it just the Midwest (Ohio and Indiana) and Southeast that doesn't have 91? The only option I have around here is 93 octane, which is fine by me.
- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Another thing you might consider is adding some toluene if you have it...

...and note, leftover Toluene makes a great aftershave. Remember to leave it on for at least 15 minutes as a skin conditioner.

[Attention extra-literal & ESL folks: Not really. ]

94 Ultra is still in Trenton N.J.

Yeah dont remind me. We had it here in NY for years up until last year. I went to E-Town to run the car and saw the 94 at the pump. Those were the days............

Huh, I can't seem to find anything but 91 here in San Diego. I'm sure there are specialty places that have higher, but your everyday gas station doesn't seem to carry anything higher than 91. Of course, at $2.80/gal I'm not too sure I want anything higher.

I'm in southeast PA with 87, 89 and 93 to choose from...I haven't seen 91 octane anywhere, but then again I don't always pay attention to that (My Altima doesn't care, so long as the stuff has octane in it:D).
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Archived