LegacyGT.com

Burns from heated seats?

onesillyracer

Has anyone had any issues with actually having the seat burn from the heated seats? About two weeks ago, i had the seats cranked as high as possible and began to smell smoke. Guess I was burning my ass lol. Anyways, even before this instance, I can see burn marks on the seat material. Anyone have this issue? I'd love to bring it to the dealer but would it be under warranty?

Weird thing I've noticed, they seem to get hotter the colder out it gets. I suspect that it is more likely an issue with perception of heat, but it gets uncomfortable at times even on the 2nd setting!

But burn marks is cause for concern and you could have something faulty in your heating system, so get it checked out and let us know what happens.

Anyone have this issue? I'd love to bring it to the dealer but would it be under warranty?

Are you kidding me? Hells yeah. I think there is a varied range of how hot the seat heaters get in different cars. Some people, including this thread, say they're barely warm and in my own car they get rediculously hot. Saw an episode of Dateline about seat heaters. Some good pictures of burned seats and holes in clothing.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Hey, if he wants to put up pics of his burned ass, whatever, carnage is carnage. I have pictures of all my injuries up on myspace. Including ass-juries (bruising your coccyx sucks).

Yeah, pics of the seat please. No, not your seat, the car's seat. Burned, that is.

What a bunch of pansy a$$e$...these things do NOT get too hot. Whenever I turn them on it is always on high. When I get tired of feeling like I peed my pants, I turn it off. If you are getting burns marks on your seat fabric or your undapants, something is wrong.
It is still ugly.

Well I dont have a digital camera so pics are out. I'm not saying all LGT's have this same issue, I was just wondering if there are issues of this sort out there. I'm not looking to get grilled here. My last car was a VW, and there was a service bulletin out due to the heated seats catching fire, hence my concern.

It seems to me like the seats get plenty hot but it takes a long time for them to warm up. My old car (Pontiac GTP) would be hot before I was even out of the parking lot at work and it seems like the LGT takes a few minutes to really feel it start to heat up at all.

Archived