LegacyGT.com

OMG! FlatironsTuning Track Days.

enthusiast

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah not doing the next one. Rent out your wheels? :lol: Why not just do the whole car then I can use up your brakes instead of mine. :lol:

I am going to use XP10 or 12's next year. Not sure what vehicle I will have tho. Thinking about using the money from my Olds 442 sale to buy a car just for racing. :cool: I really want to do more road racing (open wheel class).

^Haha, and we were fighting over those XP8's last year! I've got the XP10's on now and boy are they squeaky at slow braking speeds. I feel a little ghetto driving around.

Oh, and Ted, the braking is much more responsive now as expected. It's hard to judge the lines though after switching pads w/ them. I'm sure I'll enjoy them though!

Wish you guys were joining us in a couple weeks :(

Oh man I could not stand to drive around on those for more than a couple of days around town. They are way loud.

Good luck at the track Scotty. Drive in the aggressive group this time it is really fun. You can watch the more experienced drivers out there and follow their lines until you get yours dialed in. The more experienced drivers will have upgraded brakes as well.

How often did you get passed by big HP cars and/or great drivers in the aggressive group, Steve? I'll definitely drive in that group next time but will likely be bringing the same power.

It seems like most the faster cars in the intermediate group had about the same power. I got passed just once all day by a guy in a white Sti that was a lot better driver than me.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Power did not seem to be a big edge when I was driving out in the aggressive group. The first time the only guy that passed me was the other Legacy out there and that was for safety (he was too crazy, not it a good way). He almost got our whole group black flagged. On the second time the WRX wagon was a really good driver other than that I think only one other car passed me. The brakes and tires "REALLY" help a lot mixed with my driving skillage... :lol:

The first time the only guy that passed me was the other Legacy out there and that was for safety (he was too crazy, not it a good way).

:lol: Yeah, everyone noticed that maniac out there. I don't think anyone drove more on past the edge than he did. I can't believe he only went off the track once or twice.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

^^ I was topping out around 110. Longer straights and my rotors will melt off the car. I wonder if that's even possible and how scary that would be.

Stock rotors have been used up to 1300F, your rotors will be fine (cept for the pads deposits on them), your pads might not be.

• 1 year later...
is there going to be a georgetown day again this year? I have official ice tires and everything ready to go... I heard that rainbow lake /falls is no longer a go ..new owner put the kaibash on cars on ice....:(