LegacyGT.com

Ground Clearance to Y-pipe

deeslk

If someone would be able to measure the ground clearance of their Stock Y-Pipe for me or even non stock ones. I have an SPT v2 CBE and I only have 3.5inches of clearance to the ground. Wondering what others have. I have an 08GT stock suspension. Thanks.

YpipeHeight.thumb.jpg.c031ab56cfffe707596bafc9e5182552.jpg

If someone would be able to measure the ground clearance of their Stock Y-Pipe for me or even non stock ones. I have an SPT v2 CBE and I only have 3.5inches of clearance to the ground. Wondering what others have. I have an 08GT stock suspension. Thanks.

Most of the aftermarket "Y" pipes have same issue. Careful when you "lower" your car.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Couldn't tell you the stock measurement since its been so long since I swapped that out, but my Greddy SP2 exhaust has 4 - 4.25" of clearance from the lowest point of the Y-pipe. My Y is def tighter to my rear sway bar than yours.

how low does your car sit there deeslk? you gotta be seriously low or something lol. i'll have to take a peak but i know our y's look different for sure, perhaps each brand did a little different path or something to gain extra clearence?

Nope am on stock suspension, it's only 3.5 inches of clearance about an inch and a bit from the rear sway bar so I know I can probably squeeze it up less than an inch so. Just need to see what some other 08 GTs with SPT have. As the car is a couple inches shorter vs 05-07 so maybe the hangers are slightly different.

Something is definitely not right if you have only 3.5'' of clearance on a stock suspension with the SPT catback. Is the Y pipe exhaust hanger in place?

Perhaps someone with the same exhaust will chime in.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Hey any SPT guys or 08 SPT measurements. Looks like I'm going to have to get under there sort this out. The thing is my tips are tucked nicely not much room for them to move up. Thanks for all the measurements, have to work on this so I can lower it in the spring.

I had the same question when I had mine installed. I have an '08 with the version 2 SPT. I have about the same amount of clearance. When I get back in town (had to fly back to Atlanta yesterday), I will measure it for sure.

-Sephon

Archived