LegacyGT.com

Do you wave to fellow Legacy GT drivers?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha nice topic.

To be honest I see alot more WRX's and they don't know what is passing them... although last week a wrx driver waved like crazy at me and I didn't even know what to do cause most times Im staring and waving at them and they ignore it hahhaha

I saw this one red GT in my area and we both just passed eachother staring. I don't think we even got a wave off being so stuned to see another one. haha.

I met a new client and she was driving a like 2003 or 4 outback and said she loves the new legacy's I was so shocked she even knew what kinda of car it was and I even pulled in behind her. Im debadged in the rear anyways but I was just kinda stunned. she really liked it though.

Also, coming home today I saw a new black 2.5i turning and I almost wrecked trying to see if it was a GT or not. :D

Dave

yea, other legacy owners (pre BP/BL) dont really recognize the new body, especially when it's debaged and stickered up like mine with the new L7 badge on the back.. the only dead giveaway that my car is a Subaru is the STi decal on the front bumper of the car.

Keefe

Keefe

I saw two OB XTs Wagons yesterday and got no waves in return. I'm just not feeling the love. :( I'm betting that they don't know that my debadged sedan is even related...

No offense to some people on this board, but for the most part Outback owners are not enthusiast car loving wave back to you kind of people :) (no flames please I know there are exceptions) In other words there are people who drive outbacks who have about as much affection for their cars as their favorite toaster oven..

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13813&highlight=wrx+drivers

for those who have missed it there was an amusing thread about rude wrx drivers

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Not many LGT on my commute. But if I waved at every Subaru driver, mainly Outbacks, well, I wouldn't need to put my hand down and I have a long ass commute. The other day, I had an old legacy in front of me and an Outback behind me. This isn't unusual. I usually see a guy in a black STI every day on the way to work and sometimes on the way home.. BTW there are FIVE Subaru dealers within a 50 miles of each other.

There is one guy in a RBP GT that always waves and I wave back, he is 20ish. Another OBP GT wagon is driven by an older guy, 40ish..I wave but never get a wave back. I was right next to an OBP GT the otherday and we we're just crusing along staring at each other. But I wave to all the WRX owners, except a two-tone bugeye that gives me a weird look. All modded wrx owners wave though.

I've only seen 2 or so other LGT's and a ton of outbacks. They are almost always driven by older folk who would give me dirty looks for waving. I have gotten a lot of thumbs up and waves from WRX's though. Especially the other silver ones :)

i never see any LGT's around where i live there was one recently i dont know if it was a gt or not but i was very supprised since i drove an hour just to go to the dealership to buy my LGT i didnt think anyone else was that crazy

and by the way even though this isn't the place, does the L7 badge stand for anything or does it mean legacy 7th gen. IDK?

valentino balboni

ASSUME NOTHING

Well, since the new-model Legacy came out last year I've seen about oh... 3, max. :(

And since I've gotten my LGT about 6 weeks ago I've seen none.

So not too many opportunities to wave, hehe. Although I did see a new Outback a few days ago...

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

I would, except i hardly ever see other legacy's on the road.. and the few times that i do I'm in my fiancee's Mazda or on my bike. -- I've never gotten a wave back from another legacy owner.

I have gotten some waves back from STi's and WRX's though.

I'm surprised at how few LGT's I have seen, especially driving 90 miles a day.

Careful with the Outback comments gfxdave - that's what I drive when I don't want to get the LGT dirty! ;)

I did get the thumbs up from all 4 kids in a black WRX on 101 the other day. Thought that was pretty cool.

I would if i ever see any other Legacys. I have not seen a single one on the roads since i bought the car. I know i didnt buy the only one but dang! This island isnt that big. Where are they all hiding?

Archived