LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldn't throw a code unless you add a hi-flow cat too

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

shouldn't throw a code unless you add a hi-flow cat too

"add" a high-flow cat or "delete" a cat? Would think that you'd throw a code if you "deleted" a cat and the sensor couldn't get a reading without that cat.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 9 months later...

Looks like they just jacked up pricing on the replica headers in the last couple days. It was $128 a few days ago and now it's up to $198.99. Funny how they slash out the MSRP of $175.99 in red next to the new price lol.

http://www.speedyracer.com/exhaust-parts/headers/1999-2005-SUBARU-IMPREZA-25L-RS-SOHC-HEADER-STAINLESS

Great thread btw. You're helping me find mods that I never knew I needed but now I must have :p

best replacement option, as far as aftermarket struts, the gr-2s are most widely used

from personal experience, i thought they were pretty decent, but its a whole different story if you step into sti suspension

just dont get tein springs

GR-2's are slowly becoming phased out of sale. They are now producing the Excel-G in place of it. KYB says that they are basically one in the same, but many who have tested/used them say otherwise.

If you go Tein springs, don't buy the S-Tech's. They are garbage. Tein H-Techs are the way to go. They won't lower you as much and aren't as stiff.

the best possible intake tube is the OEM subaru ones that are 'ribbed', ill have to find a link but someone went very in depth about the velocity and airflow direction and their effects on different tube styles, OEM ribbed gave the highest performance gains

so really, find that, a MAF adapter and a cone filter and it the same if not better