LegacyGT.com

Anyone know ride height with STI Pinks?

Deepwoods

I have an 06 Spec B with stock wheels (18") and tires. Is anyone running a similar set-up with STi Pinks? If so, could you tell me you ground to fender ride height?

I'm trying to get a sense of what kind of ground cleanence I'll have with these springs. (I know it is often listed as [just] under an 1" drop, but i am looking for some hard data).

Thanks!

here's some before/after pics of my car. I'm running stock strut w/ pinks.

Front

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/suspension/Front_before_after.jpg

Back

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/suspension/Rear_before_after.jpg

note the after pics were taken shortly after installing them. They may have settled a little bit since then.

USDM struts (front) have different top hats, so the drop is more than with Bilsteins.

15 mm all around, that's what to expect with Pinks.

Get JDM GT Pinks, not JDM SpecB ones:

Same struts/shocks on 2006/2007 USDM SpecB. Same as on JDM GT Rev. C.

So, yes GT Pinks are the closest match... HOWEVER - I recently learned that Pinks have the same rates regardless whether GT or SpecB. The differences are in LENGTHS to compesate for difference in weights between GT and SpecB - primarily differencs in the transmission (6MT vs 5MT; also note different Pinks for AT). So in theory SpecB Pinks would be correct match for 2007 USDM, while GT Pinks for 2007 USDM.

BUT - I would still recommend JDM GT Pinks for more drop in front - won't hurt anything, but rather improve the drop visually - our cars look like they sag in rear, especially when dropped.

Case in point - I run JDM SpecB Bilsteins with SpecB Pinks - the gap in front is bigger that it should be/I'd like it to be.

Anyway, bottom line is we're talking about few mm differences, so that does not matter that much. Rears are important - wagon vs. sedan. In fact I recommend getting wagon rear Pinks for sedans as anti-sag measure.

Last but not least, our cars weights are different vs. JDM due to different engines - 2.5L with cast iron manifolds vs. 2.0L with tubular steel headers. So in theory none of the Pinks are "perfect". In practice, it does not matter.

he didn't have that combo did he? spec B bilsteins + swifts are :D vs. :D :D :D for GT Bilsteins and pinks

I can say SpecB Rev.B Bilsteins + Pinks are :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr vs. JDM GT Rev.C Bilsteins + JDM spring :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr vs stock :icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad:.

So unclemat, what problems would JDM Bilsteins plus Spec B pinks have exactly?

It's just they will be sitting higher than intended (mainly in front) as JDM SpecB is 6MT. No big deal it seems. As I said USDM cars are not perfect match to JDM stuff due to engine/transmission/Bilstein combination differences. Nothing to worry in real world I guess.

Archived