LegacyGT.com

99 legacy gt confusion

so I stopped at a local shop I deal with at work today, and they recently picked up a 99 legacy gt wagon 30th anniversary edition that was wrecked in th back end. Ive got a 99 lgt sedan at home that was wrecked in the front end the exact same color, so there selling to me for scrap price, fronts in great conditon the only thing im confused about is the fact that it appears to have a 251 in the car? 251 manifold atleast? its secong gen body style and when I bought my 99sedan it had a 251 block, with 25d heads, etc on it, basically the onyl difference froma 25d being the block. this appears to be a full 251. wth?? to drop it in my sedan do I have to swap heads then so the engine wiring is the same? what do I have here guys!

single port on the headers? if so it's a phase 2 2.2L

my 99 L 30th has the phase 2 2.2L

cars101

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

FYI :

anniversary edition cars are the ones BUILT in the anniversary calendar year, not not all cars of that MODEL YEAR were built in the anniversary year.

so early built 99 MY cars were not anniversary year cars. (6/98 - 12/98 ??)

and theoretically, some early built 00 cars were in fact anniversary year cars. but i have never heard of or seen one of these, so maybe not.

maybe they built the anniv. year 99s longer, till the end of 12/99 instead of ending mid-calendar year like they usually do.

as i understand it, the 99 anniversary year cars had more ''stuff'' usually considered as optional included as ''standard'' than the regular MY cars. i assume they were ''better priced'' for these ''extras''.

idk.

its a ej251 mani so im assuming 251 motor. the questio is can I drop it in my 99 that had a 25d in it originally without any sort of wiring or ecu issues?or do I have to swap heads and manifolds?

how different are the 251 manis to a 25d mani? can I just swap manis and call it a day if its dohc? like I said im worried about map vs. maf which i belive 251's are map and the ecu's being different

alright..went and took a closer look at the car toight. block says ej22, its sohc, has the offset coilpack, and the air intake look like that of a 251, also top mount fuel injectors it appears and offset/angled spark plug wires where they plug into the head. could I have a 22 block with 251 heads aroud it? whats the best way to figure out what im working with guys?

the phase 2 ej22 and ej25 intake manifolds are interchangeable.

i guess we missed the part about this car being an L, not an outback or GT. 99 was the last year for the ej22 in a lego L or brighton.

starting in 00 all legos were ej25s.

starting in 01 all imprezas were ej25s.

ask your question again, what are you trying to swap?

the 99 ej22 is a phase 2 engine , it will not swap into a phase 1 car, ie: 99 outback or 99 GT. it will swap into a 99 forester since that engien is a phase 2 engine.

Archived