LegacyGT.com

06 specB

CLeonard

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq318/mitchel63/subaru2.jpg

I was originally planning on a powdercoat, but ultimately decided against the hassle. I had painted some wheels on my DSM and they held up for years, so I went for it. It's been about 8 months with this paint and it still looks great. Plus, I use different wheels for winter....

Thanks guys!

As for prep....just clean and dry them real good, sand them with light paper just to rough up the surface(I think I used around 600 grit), spray them off again and let them dry. I just taped all the way around the wheel and the valve stem. Then I did 3 light coats of primer and 4-5 light coats of paint. Mine is actually Semi-gloss....it has a touch more glisten real life!

I used Krylon. I think it was actually semi-flat, not semi-gloss. I'm confused....one of those is common and one is hard to find....I used the hard to find one, I think it is semi-flat.

Anyway, I think all spray paint would be considered the POS kind. You just have to get the wheels real clean and rough them up, then use lots of light coats of primer and then color, and it will hold up and look just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived