LegacyGT.com

some odd pic I just found...

i saw this on ebay, says its an 05, got to looking at the engine and notice the intake is totally different then mine. Is anyone elses like the one in the pic?

a5_12.jpg.7fb5463c72d9882567bc55d71df46f9b.jpg

...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

Its just designed for really good emissions. Gas mileage isnt any better, and the power is actually a little lower. It was a completely seperate engine design in 05 with a different intake manifold, intake, and exhaust (3 cats instead of 2, someone like the EZ30-R exhaust), and some other physical differences dealing with the injectors/solenoids/etc. that I'm not sure about.

For 06 though, aparently they managed to make the california PZEV requirements using the same motor that everyone else gets without major physical design changes (and the HP is the same as the non-PZEV motors too)

I have that motor in my 05 2.5i wagon!

It was sold here in NYC. Hp is 163 instead of 168, torque is the same but at a lower rpm of 3600 instead of 4000.

I'm kind of freaked out now that I know its different from everybody elses LOL :D

I have that motor in my 05 2.5i wagon!

It was sold here in NYC. Hp is 163 instead of 168, torque is the same but at a lower rpm of 3600 instead of 4000.

I'm kind of freaked out now that I know its different from everybody elses LOL :D

+1 i didn't realize that california's engines were redesigned from the rest of the country. how gay.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

+1 i didn't realize that california's engines were redesigned from the rest of the country. how gay.

Well they arent actually "california" motors like back in the 70's and 80's (and some of the 90's) but the PZEV motor was the ONLY option for California 2.5i legacies in 2005. I'm not sure how it worked, but other states had some kind of engine option for the PZEV motor...

The Imprezas and Foresters got the same 05 motor in California everyone else had:

RSPro205 picture - Webshots

Check here if you want to see more pics of the PZEV 05 Legacy, including the exhaust setup:

Webshots - Images of 05 Subaru Pics

It seems to me like 05 was a very... odd year for Subaru.

Archived