LegacyGT.com

De-installing endlinks ??

shralp

Hi all,

After many years of faithful service my Perrin rear sway is just trashed. All the paint has chipped off and its rusting badly. I'm going to pull it and get it blasted and powder coated before it gets any worse. I'm having issues pulling off my Rallitek end links though first, (they are the older HD ones, basically a beefier version of the OEM ones), not the dog bone designed ones. I'm having problems getting the nut off as its just turning the stud as well. I assume the spherical ball is just turning in the sealed unit and so the nuts not going anywhere. Anyone have any advice on getting the nuts off?? No idea :(

You may need to get creative here. I just installed a replacement RSB a few minutes ago with my brother, and ran into the same problem. I ended up using the sway bar itself (ie. manhandle it) to sort of 'bend' the end link stud/bolt into a diagonal orientation. This jammed the stud just enough to allow me to remove the nuts. Curious to see what others have done.

What a pain In the ass :( finally got them off by gripping the crap out of the shaft with narrow vice grips. Of course that trashed the dust boot that keeps debris from getting in the heim joint. Guess I'm getting some new end links now too on top of refurbing my sway. Kinda considering solid ones a la Kartboys this time around. Not really sure the pros and cons of solid vs. heim joint types

Archived