LegacyGT.com

GT Hood on my 2.5i

after searching 10 or more pages of forums, i cant find my exact answer to this question..i love the look of the GT hood, i found a couple on ebay for $300-400 and would like to buy one..i found out that the fitment is the same as my car, but what about everything else?? will i run into water problems with the scoop? i dont think the hoods come with any of the screens or anything, so id have to buy that stuff from a dealer? just wondering what i might run into with this mod, and if its worth it or not..anyone with insight, please let me know..wish i could of found a GT for a reasonable price..:mad:

I don't think there would be any water problems but why buy a hood scoop when you don't have a turbo? People are just going pull up along side you and expect you to have a fast car and you'll just get blown away...

You'll be as cool as the V6 mustangs and pontiac grand ams that have the fake hood scoops that are just black plastic, with no holes.

You could try posting a "want to trade" and see if someone with a GT that put a front mount intercooler on their car that no longer needs a hood scoop is willing to swap you hood for hood.

All the scoop is going to do is attract unwanted cop and ricer attention. I had a little civic try to race me from a stoplight last night just because he saw the hood scoop. It'll get worse when I get my new wheels and drop it an inch later this spring.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I don't think water would be an issue, if it was, all of the gt's would have issues too. I'd have to agree with Kramm though, I wouldn't mod my car to look like something it wasn't, thats like those guys that put M3 emblems on a 323.

But, if you really want a hood, why not try to find someone on here to trade with?? A lot of guys are putting the new FMIC on and might want to trade for an NA hood.

Edit-looks like Joeblow said the same thing I was thinking.

i think yuns are missing the point..if i was just after the cool factor i wouldnt of bought a legacy or legacy gt for that matter..ida bought a vette or camaro..i simply love the looks of the scoop..i dont want the tacky fake plastic scoops, im willing to spend a few bucks for the look factor if the scoop doesnt allow water to flow under hood causing any damage..

If you do get a gt hood you can use some rbs plastic or something to catch water then ruber/vinyl tubbing to drain it safely away from the engine if you are worried about that. but as everyone else said. trade with someone who has an FMIC...

Everything is sealed underneath to handle water. Its not like there's going to be a water fall coming through the hood scoop. I don't know what the engine compartment looks like in the 2.5i to know what is under where the hood scoop would go. On the GT its the intercooler and turbo set up, so under yours it might just be empty space.

Maybe post up a pic of the engine bay and we can tell you if its something that you don't want to get too wet.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Subachevroman. Where are you from? Yuns is yinz where I'm from! Anyways if you're SWP and in sw. PA I may go scoopless when my fmic goes on.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Subachevroman. Where are you from? Yuns is yinz where I'm from! Anyways if you're SWP and in sw. PA I may go scoopless when my fmic goes on.

im from south central pa, that must be the city version..its yuns here in the country..anyway, we will see what i decide..just liked the scoop for looks only..older subies had vents and scoops even if they werent a turbo, even wagons have em without turbo, why not my legacy??

If you like it, then go for it! You will not have any problems. Is your 2.5 hood steel or aluminum? I thought those were steel, in which case you would also get a weight-savings by going with the aluminum LGT hood.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Do you have a spoiler on you trunk? You might not like the looks of the spoiler and hood scoop. I think the n/a hood compliments the rear spoilers, not so much the case with the GTs, which look so much better without a spoiler, just a thought. Try adding a rear spoiler first!

Do you have a spoiler on you trunk? You might not like the looks of the spoiler and hood scoop. I think the n/a hood compliments the rear spoilers, not so much the case with the GTs, which look so much better without a spoiler, just a thought. Try adding a rear spoiler first!

i already have one on order as a matter of fact..its a factory style with led brake light..hoping it here by weekend so i can put it on..for now im gonna just research some window tinting and tinted tails since there arent any smoked aftermarket options...the hood was just a thought

i think yuns are missing the point..if i was just after the cool factor i wouldnt of bought a legacy or legacy gt for that matter..ida bought a vette or camaro..i simply love the looks of the scoop..i dont want the tacky fake plastic scoops, im willing to spend a few bucks for the look factor if the scoop doesnt allow water to flow under hood causing any damage..

You and I have very different ideas of what cool is.

im from south central pa, that must be the city version..its yuns here in the country..anyway, we will see what i decide..just liked the scoop for looks only..older subies had vents and scoops even if they werent a turbo, even wagons have em without turbo, why not my legacy??

Only the 2nd gen NA Legacy GT/Outback had hood scoops on their bonnets. You can go block off the scoop if you get a hold of a GT hood for your Legacy.

there is a 2.5i owner on here who has the GT hood because the ins company provided the wrong info to the body shop during a repair or something like that but it seems to fit fine with no issues, i think his car is in the N/A section under the photos thread

cant say it will look stupid since the car will look ljust like a stock GT, but everyone will be wodering why your car is so slow if you put the gt hood on the car. not worth it IMO.

You will make rice car thinks leggy gt is a slow @. Please use your stock hood :spin:

Archived