LegacyGT.com

Rear Hatch on 2005 OB

Can you open just the glass portion of the rear hatch on the 2005 OB or can you only open the entire hatchback? Not sure if that question makes sense. For example, on my 2005 Highlander I can only open the entire rear hatchback. The rear glass window on the Highlander is integrated into the hatchback and does not have its own hinges to open separately from the hatchback.

the only 2 cars that have that still might be the Nissan Pathfinder and the Toyota 4Runner. Totally different class of vehicle, but no "wagon" has the glass that opens seperately.

Ford Taurus does it, not that I'd recommend the vehicle and i'ts being discontinued anyway, or has already. In favor of the 500 i think.

the only 2 cars that have that still might be the Nissan Pathfinder and the Toyota 4Runner. Totally different class of vehicle, but no "wagon" has the glass that opens seperately.

BMW wagons do if I'm not mistaken.

Our Grand Cherokee has this feature. I thought this would be much more useful than it is. We open the entire liftgate 99.9% of the time.

If the car is at all dirty, much too much dirt gets transferred to one's clothing while accessing the cargo area through the open rear hatch glass.

Of course the Subaru is smaller and lower to the ground, so this would be lessened, but I'll bet it would still be an issue.

Archived