LegacyGT.com

switched from perrin to kartboy end links, never looking back again!

Soda Popinski

With over 40000 miles+ on the perrins... I thought I had a great handling leggy. I got used to the squish factor on turns and the metal on metal clunking when I drove over bumpy roads at low speed.

I was recommended kartboy front end links. I have a cobb version 1 front and rear sway: the front is narrower than the oem on the 08 because at the time they made them fit the 05-07 models. Well in 08 the bar got wider, but using an 05 bar, was 2" too narrow. the perrins were tilted in even with spacers.

These kartboy not only lined up perfectly, but are solid, no wiggle room and fit like a glove.

I took it for a test spin and what blew me away was not how the car seemed to handle in the corners like ice skates... but there was NO noise.

I'm completely sold on these. I'd recommend to anyone not to use a spherical front end link... get the kartboy. you won't be sorry. I took it down a dirt road that used to sound like the front end was going to shake apart... (think 1" ball bearings in the bottom of a skillet on a bumpy road sound)... now it's perfectly quiet. Amazing. I was starting to think my shocks were going or the dif was shifting around.

Hope it helps someone when they go to make their decision. Go kartboy, especially on an 08+

Thanks. I have Cobb Sways (bought in late 2008 IIRC). They sound awful. Used to be the bushings, but now fresh grease doesn't make a difference. And I began to realize it had to to the endlinks wearing out.

Shame I have to drop $200 on making this right, but I'm excited to hear and feel the difference.

This is exactly why I recommend KB's. They are the best endlinks you can buy.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 11 months later...
I'm digging up this thread because it's helping me make a decision... I have Whiteline adjustables F&R and the noise is killing me. Also, I can't find a better price on the Kartboys than at Infamous. They have my tune money, and in a few clicks from now they'll have my end link money, too...
Tits mcgee

I'm digging up this thread because it's helping me make a decision... I have Whiteline adjustables F&R and the noise is killing me. Also, I can't find a better price on the Kartboys than at Infamous. They have my tune money, and in a few clicks from now they'll have my end link money, too...

I am running the Kartboy endlinks F/R on my '05 with the Whiteline F/R adjustable SB's and love it. If you look at the thread I started on my set up it will have pic's and where I got my set up. They have been on the car for about 6mo's. Any questions just ask.

Thanks. The ones I have I've had installed for maybe a month. Awful. I'm running 22mm Progress Tech adjustable sways in the front & rear. I guess the only question I have is whether these come with spacers. I don't think I'll need them, but then again, I'm not laying on my back under the car at the moment, either.
Tits mcgee

Anyone got a part number on these or size?

I got mine from Mike at Infamous Performance.

Front: http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-273/Kartboy-Front-Sway-Bar/Detail

Rear: http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-1386/Kartboy-Rear-Sway-Bar/Detail

He did send me 2 spacers for use with the Hotchkis bars I have yet to install. He didn't think I'd need more than one per side. I've seen others with 2 per link on the front though and that's what you get if you buy the spacer kit from Kartboy.

Cheers!

I finally got my Hotchkis bars, AVO rear reinforcement brackets and Kartboy endlinks on.

WOW! :eek: What a difference! It feels much more buttoned down and it there are some rattles and shakes that aren't there any longer. Love it!

I'm thinking the biggest difference is due to the endlinks. With fresh sway bar lube a close second. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, big difference. I feel like the Koni's and Eibach springs are allowed to show their stuff now too. Before there was something definitely loose and now just tighter and more buttoned down.

Great stuff!

Yup. The part numbers are: KB-017F and KB-017R. The rear has an "STi" between the 7 and R but Mike at Infamous said that's not normally on the packaging.

I should add that I've heard and felt a clunking in the front (especially on slow speed bumps) for as long as I can remember with this car. Seriously from the day I got it. It's gone. :D So happy!

Oh yeah, I only needed one spacer per side in the front.

Archived