LegacyGT.com

Intake Recommendations Needed

KGreb

Now that the weather has turned colder and I've had a lot more road tuning time, I'm getting very close to the limits of the stock MAF. I haven't hit 5.0v yet but I'm pretty solidly in the 4.9v range. I can go speed density with my UTEC but would prefer to remain MAF based.

The two intakes which I've heard of being used in these cases are the Perrin Big MAF and the APS 70mm. I've heard very mixed results with the Perrin. The APS 70mm seems to be ok but I'm not sure it will fit the LGT.

Any suggestions of other intakes I should investigate?

An AEM will unleash some power, if you are still on the stock intake! However, it doesn't lower the MAF all too much. I had previously hit 4.96v-4.98v on the stock MAF, but since going with the AEM it hasn't hit greater than 4.94v, and mostly 4.92v.

I don't know about the APS, but AVO's intake is a little bigger, both Wukindada & Sean@Rallitek confirm it. It seems to give about 10-15% more room. So if you have plans on going bigger than 20g, the AVO will be the only choice, well other than Perrin's tough to tune BigMaf.

I am actually waiting on an AVO intake now, as when I turn up the wick some more on the Avo450, it will certainly max the AEM out...

Archived