LegacyGT.com

Does any light come on when ABS is "functioning"

So was driving in the snow today, and go to break and the tires skid a bit but no problem at all. My question is if there is a light that comes on when the ABS is doing its job to keep me from crashing. As far as i could feel, the tire did lock up (front right) but i was going slow enough that it didn't matter. I notice the traction control light go on when i start the car, but it goes out shortly with the rest of the lights. All i'm interested in knowing is if my ABS actually works cuz i was going a bit faster and had to break and it still locked up a good amount but no light, just the thumping as the tire broke traction with the snow.

Thanks

My ABS light was on earlier. and just went off. What exactly triggers that light?

Generally, a fault in the ABS system. When you first hit 12 mph after turning on the car the ABS system initiates a self-test (you'll hear it test). This will clear a the ABS light if the test is successful.

On my FWD Volvo, putting the car on a dyno would trigger the ABS since the front wheels would be moving at significantly different speed than the rear-wheels.

Archived