LegacyGT.com

Huge Car Meet - Micro Center 3/17?

Brady

Anyone know the story behind the huge car meet that was in the Micro Center parking lot last night? I stopped in the Dam Grill around 9:00 for a late sandwich and about 1/3 of the lot was full at that point, and by the time I left, around 10, the ENTIRE lot was full, including any space along the sidewalks and just about anywhere they could park. There were at least 8 squads on site as well monitoring things.

To give an idea how big this was, it was AT LEAST every space within the red outline, plus just about any curb space available. Easily over 350 cars.

370977622_Microcenterlot.thumb.jpg.791e4a2571720d0dcd16bfa7db28a052.jpg

How long a hiatus? I've been living a mile from there for over 5 years and I've never seen the gathering.

It was interesting to see the huge variety of cars. S2000s, GTR, Corvette, Mustangs, Eclipses, Miata's, Civics ... just about anything. I didn't stick around as I didn't care too much and just wanted to get to bed, but it looked like a very diverse group.

All of last year and the beginning of this year till about 5 weeks ago. The years before that, when it was much smaller of a meet, it was at that Sonic behind Micro Center and at Toys R Us (Park Meadows). They've been moving around every year and growing to the ridiculousness that you saw.

Well that makes more sense then. It was fairly impressive. Though still not as impressive as the Ferrari meets I've seen at Starbucks over near Cool River. Funny to stop for a coffee and see a row Ferraris, Aston Martins, Bentleys, Lambos and other assorted madness.

Could be. Been a while since I saw that group. It was usually a dozen or so Ferraris with one or two Lambos, a Bentley, an Aston, Maserati ... you know ... just a little something to make it appear they weren't ONLY willing to talk to other F-car owners. ;)

Archived