LegacyGT.com

Which dealer to deal with in the RTP area?

sgeorge

Having some issues with the wagon. Will be taking it to a dealer to get it checked out this friday. I purchased the car used from a third party,(originally it came from mastro subaru in tampa), I just want to know what kind of experiences people have had at performance subaru in chapel hill vs southern states in raleigh. I have heard bad things about Southern States. Also when dealing with Performance a parts guy and the service manager stated that the outback hitch would NOT work on my wagon, either they don't give a shit about making a little extra $$$ or they are idiots. Thoughts?

I would avoid southern states like the plague. I could name 3 different people on 3 different occasions that have had bad experiences with southern states. I haven't heard one good thing about that dealership, not even an okay comment, everyone I know that has been there has had a bad experience. This is both with sales and service. Performance in chapel hill on the other hand was a pretty good dealership from the limited experience that I have had with them. I went to them to check out their inventory and see if they could match a price when I was buying my LGT. Even though they could not match the price, they were very professional and even followed up with me. I can't say anything about their parts or service department, but I would rather go to performance than southern states. Plus, when I was at performance, I saw a modded black impreza over there.

Well performance is not mod friendly dealer if you are still under warranty. The subaru service manager, Guy, was very friendly and answered all my questions. And the guy behind the parts counter gave me some pop its for free, somebody backed into the drivers side front bumper, scuffed it and broke the plastic pop that holds the bumper to the inner fender.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to let you know, I was told the same thing about the hitch. i was told that it would not fit my 05 Legacy GT sedan, but my son who is in sales at Folgers in Charlotte said that it would. Mike from parts did not think that it would but he ordered it to see and did not charge me until we saw that it would work. It fit perfectly in the sedan and looks very nice. Dave

Yeah, Jeremy at the king of parts assured me it would work, it took maybe 30 minutes to install it by myself. Carries two bikes just fine. Shipped to my door for less than either of the dealers in my area would sell it for.

Archived