LegacyGT.com

Which clutch? Stage2+ LGT Wagon

JamiSteven

Think I can get away with a new stock clutch on my 05 LGT Wagon? Ive read the countless threads here as well as the reviews but havent found anything that compares pro's/cons of an aftermarket clutch on a mildly modded LGT vs an upgraded stock unit (07+ lgt clutch with wrx SMFW)..Dont really feel like spending upwards of 600 for an aftermarket clutch kit, especially when installation is an arm and a leg as well.. I dont race, highway miles to and from work throughout the week, spirited weekend driving, no launches or anything like that.

Mods:

Perrin TMIC

TurboXS Up

Cobb catted down

Installing after clutch is replaced:

Grimmspeed EBCS

VF52

DW65C

DW 850cc sidefeeds

Sorry, no cheap clutch will hold up in these cars. I hate the OEM clutch, mine would slip when backing up in a few inches of snow. In my 98 GT, 00GT and the 05 GT.

I love my Spec clutch's. Had a Spec 2+ and now a Spec 2. read http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fx350-slipping-15k-223779.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I really enjoy my comp stage 2. Plenty of bite and a great threshold for power and torque. Just research around and look for something that suits your power output (I would assume you'll be modding more down the road so plan for a greater capability than what is necessary) and then research on here to see what people thought of them.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

My stage2 06 LGT had issues with the stock clutch pretty early. I installed an ACT clutch, and it was fine until recently when the spring broke (granted, it did have a ton of miles on it). It also has a crazy-heavy pedal. I got used to it, but my wife would always complain about it.

My replacement clutch is a CM FX300, and it's VERY nice. Grabs pretty low to the floor, which took a little getting used to, but it's a very light pedal otherwise. I would highly recommend this clutch.

Archived