LegacyGT.com

Reception is absolute dog sh!t on some radio stations?

B2

So I have a peculiar problem with the radio on my 05 legacy wagon. Some stations come in real clear but a lot of them have absolute crap reception. It sounds like a dial up model almost when you turn to those stations. I believe it has the jazzy mod from before I bought the car but I've never used it. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem turns out in the hatch. Open it up you will see two rubber boots one left side and one right side between the hatch and the car body. The left(Drivers)side boot hold the antenna wire. Pull up the boot and check to see if their are some wires split in it. It happens to any hatch car over time. If you know how to solder then resolder the wires if not take it to a shop that can. Most likly this is your problem if not the antenna amp is hidden on the top part of the hatch closest to the car.

I have the same problem in my 08 sedan and all stations sound terrible, I live in a major city so it's not because I'm out of range. I've notice my car has no form of an antenna and wondering if that's a possibility

no our cars have an AMP antenna. It's a box that amplifies the radio waves. I know in the wagon it's hidden in the hatch using the rear defroster lines on the rear window as the antennas so my guess is yours is under the rear deck lid in the trunck.

I have the same problem in my 08 sedan and all stations sound terrible, I live in a major city so it's not because I'm out of range. I've notice my car has no form of an antenna and wondering if that's a possibility

The antenna is the upper portion of the rear window grid. It looks like the defroster but its actually distinct.

Also, if your rear window has metallic film tint, your radio reception will suck.

Archived