LegacyGT.com

Headunit on, no sound from speakers

dingbang

Maybe I am just search stupid, but cannot find an answer to this one.

Drove to the golf course this morning...radio worked great...get into car to drive home after golf, no sound from the speakers-but my headunit is on.

Everything works on the HU itself; FM/AM/CD, HVAC, fuses in engine bay/under dash good (unless there is a mystery fuse somewhere).

I'm thinking the amp inside the HU is dead--did they hide a fuse in there? My car does have the OEM sub. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a really easy search, but after 30 minutes of forum searching, I'm throwing up the white flag. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

BTW audio system is fully stock

BUMP

Before I start taking the doors/dash apart, etc (also going to check the entire subwoofer cable to make sure it's not rubbing something around the shifter)...anyone have any other suggestions? Or even threads they can point me to? Thanks

Yeah, tried it...no go. Ripped apart the dash the other night...checked all the connections back there. Took out the radio, inspected for distended caps, etc. All fuses look good, checked the sub wiring/harness. Only thing I have yet to do is break out a volt meter. Have a feeling that it's just the amp inside that died tho. Going to pick up a unit on e-bay for replacement (the jdm hvac/double din kit is sooo tempting tho).

Does anyone know if there are any major differences in the p-201UH ('05) and p-203UH ('06) headunits? I know the 05 lgt's sometimes had a possessed climate control system. By swapping out to a p-201UH unit, do I get to experience the joy of that or is the actual climate control unit not in the headunit itself?

Climate control is integrated into the "head unit", but I don't know if they carried them over year to year. I wouldn't think so, but who knows.

I'd probably consider saving for the JDM unit. That would allow you to get some other headunit and never worry about this happening again. OEM replacements are usually around the same price as the JDM kit anyway.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yeah, I'm going to pick this stock headunit up (only $50) and in the meantime save for the JDM kit. If I'm feeling adventureous enough (and since I'll have a spare), I may crack and solder the one with the dead amp and fab a double din kit.

I have some alipine type r component and 3-ways that are going to waste with the stock unit.

Archived