LegacyGT.com

Girlfriends 04 Forester 2.5l burns oil after 2500 miles

My girl friends 2004 subaru forester burns oil after 2500 miles. I use mobile 1 5w-30 extended performance. I let the car go to 3800 miles on an oil change and it burned 2 quarts why is this? Car has 139,000 miles. I herd having it run rich could make it burn oil. Anything Ican do to stop this?

consistently? I've got 258k on my GT and periodically I burn oil between 2-2500 miles and I have to add a little bit.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, I experienced the same. using castrol high mileage
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I disagree on the fact that subarus burn mobile one cause it slowed down on mobile one and i run it in my 220,000 miles legacy and it doesnt burn a drop of oil.

Now i looked for the pcv valve on mine and hers car, passenger side of intake and should be on top but its not there basically a straight pipe was it an option on these cars between 03-04 cause my brothers legacy doesnt have a pcv valve on it either.

Also i herd than it running rich could make it burn oil. Is there a way to not make it run rich?

I'm pretty certain all Subies have a PCV valve. My 97 Outbad did, it was up on the intake manifold. The 09i is buried underneath everything. There is a thread here about it, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/does-2-5i-have-pcv-valvei-151157.html?t=151157&highlight=PCV+replacement

The valve threads in, and the hose to the manifold is clamped to that.

I imagine the N/A Foresters for 04 would be close in setup.

I change mine at the same interval but use Mobil1 10W30 this time of year. I think I've added just over 1/2 a quart and I've got another 600 miles to go. I'm not convinced that Mobil1 burns off faster than conventional oil in Subaru. It just may be more noticeable in the wallet.

Archived