LegacyGT.com

Just bought an AP and now I'm in the dog house

I hope it's worth it.

I just bought a Cobb AP from a really nice dude on Nasioc and it arrived today.

I was busy downloading the latest firmware and maps when my wife walks in and says, "What the hell is that thing and how much did it cost?" When I told her how much it cost and that it would get me better gas milage (thank you Cobb Marketing team), she went through the roof. :spin:

I had a Mustang before the Spec.B, so my wife is familiar with the whole mod bug thing.

I guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. I hope it's worth it. I'll find out tomorrow when I get a chance to install the AP on the Spec.B and see what happens.

:lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lying never helps because just when you think you've got it made, you forget what you said, you slip up and then the shite hits the fan.

It's better just to say something like. "It was a lot, but when I looked at all the other costs going up, it made sense to buy something for the car that could help reduce our costs."...er something like that. Then standby to get your stern sheets ripped up, while she installs her own version of an "access port" in your nether regions.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

suck for you guys the girl I want to marry loves my car, loves cars in general, and fully supports my modding because I pay for it, she even wants to buy me mods, as gifts, when she gets a better job. She surprised me with a big WRC Subaru flag, she secretly took photoshoot pics of my car from my friends computer and made me a big poster that I framed and is now hanging in my room.

But to help the OP, just try saying, "Well, (insert wifey name), think of it as purses and shoes, you like them right (assuming she does, IDK), well I like to personalize my car to make it stand out from everyone else just like you like to personalize your wardrobe, but with the AP we will get better gas mileage."

Ha ha. Isn't that the problem all of us have with wifey.

I've resorted to having parts shipped to a buddy and installing them there.

Is that considered lying ???? :lol:;)

thats my game too!! :p

I guess I'm very lucky! My wife is actually pushing me to mod my Legacy GT 5MT wagon. Just the other day she says "When are you going to get a real suspension for that thing? The suspension is a bit mushy". I've been procrastinating on what suspension, springs and shocks to install.

I guess it helps that she likes cars and drives a '91 MR2 and an '05 WRX wagon.

I've resorted to having parts shipped to a buddy and installing them there. Is that considered lying ???? :lol:;)

thats my game too!! :p

Deceitful - I tell you, we're all going to hell...and/or there'll be hell to pay when this comes to light. That's like keeping a mistress on the side. You'll eventually work it out though... :argue:

SBT

obviously you should go buy the brembo kits now

Yeh - no sense getting another reaming after it's all healed up...do it now while you're still fresh from the first one. That should count for something - something on the order of an act of contrition...sortof? :lol:

Economy mode requiring minimum 91 octane fuel. Low boost and increased ignition timing for optimal fuel savings. Not a performance map and not recommended for aggressive driving.

^ tell her about the mode above. Not that you would ever use such a mode but she doesn't have to know that. :rolleyes:

I guess I am in the minority as well. My wife doesn't mind, as long as I us my splurge fund for the parts. Since she has a FXT as well, the same rule applies to her. Any mods she does to the FXT comes from her splurge fund.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

What I do with my wife is we set aside a certain amount

each pay for each other, that we can either save, or spend.

She like scrapbooking stuff, so she spends it on that, I like

doing stuff to my car, so I'll save for a little, and then spend that money on my car.

If all else fails, I also say, ok our anniversary, birthday, christmas, etc. is coming up,

I'm going to spend X amount of dollars on you, so you can spend X amount of dollars

on me......for example, for our anniversary this year, i said, I would like the Cobb AP,

which costs ~$695, so if you get that for me, I will spend $700 for anything you want

for our annivesary, just let me know....needless to say the AP should be arriving today! :)

Good luck with the couch, hope its a pullout....:p

-John

My wife still thinks my car is stock :lol:

:lol:

....*sigh* the good ol' days -- i was kind of relieved when i got caught with my ap, the damn parts just get bigger :lol:.

there's also the valet map to pitch when you take her out to dinner to smooth it over ;)

suck for you guys the girl I want to marry loves my car, loves cars in general, and fully supports.......

we've seen this movie before and we all know how it ends.

it ends like the OP

car for sale. PM me!

Its funny, my wife gives me a load of sh!t about my car too, the whole why don't you invest your money into something that appreciates in value etc ... but the kicker, is we just got the wife an Audi A3 ... and guess who has the modding bug now :)

i am not one to offer wife advice as i have no wife, but i imagine this is where a handy skill called "lying" comes in handy.

Yes. Lie your ass off. My wife thinks that my new Advan rims were bought off a guy for a couple hundred dollars.

Archived