LegacyGT.com

Attempted Theft Of My 05 Legacy!

I left my Legacy at the dealer to fix the dash board rattles and to have my windsheild replaced last Wednesday. I was going to be out of town so as usual the dealer said when the work was completed he would leave my key locked in the car and I can pick it up when I get in. I called yesterday to see if the work was completed and the dealer informed me that the police caught two individuals trying to gain access to my car over the weekend. The dealer appologized and informed me they have a full police report. Supposedly the car was not damaged but I have yet to see it. The dealer was not able to complete the work and advised that they would give me a loaner untill completed.

Scarey stuff...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.

I wonder if they planned on stealing the car and selling it whole, or chopping it for parts.

The brakes might be a hot target for the WRX, I'm fairly sure they bolt on easily. Much easier than a STi's Brembos, anyway.

The wheels also, that's been my biggest concern. They'd look pretty good on a WRX, and I want to prevent that from happening! :lol:

Yeah, I was going around that in my head... What would they take?? I mean if they managed to steal the car whole..they would have gotten alot to chop. My coilovers alone would make them giddy with that haul.

They could chop the turbo..the IC.. the STI Shorty..a whole bunch of goodies.

I was just thinking..if they did manage to steal it..it would be on the dealers insurance.. That would be one big fat claim!!

It's an inside job dude!!! Becareful...don't ever have them leave your keys in the car!!!

CRAZY KEN

As a teenager, I was involved with a certain crowd that did this kinda stuff...not cool!!!

So, I ratted them out to the cops!!!

They are still serving time.

I gotta new identity...CRAZY KEN...sike...I'm just messing with yeah!!! ;)

When I dropped off my LGT at the dealer a few months ago, there was an overnight theft of an Outback XT. I told them to keep my car in the bay overnight and not leave it outside - they completely understood and complied.

yeah...that's pretty scary. you're lucky though. when my accord was about a week old, i went out to check the car in the morning and window trim piece seemed to be poked all around four windows....they were severly damaged. obviously, somebody was trying to get in....it made me pretty mad.

makes me wonder if I should go ahead and "photoshop" a poster from my latest deer hunting trip in November...with a "protected by 12 gauge" type of headline

Just upgrade your alarm. There's nothing you can do to protect a car on the street from being stolen or vandalized. Oh well...get accessport and put it in the anti-theft mode or come up with some ingenious switch that would cut all the battery juice (to ignition at least). This way they'd have to tow it which complicates matters. And put tints all around. Unless they are exercising revenge...they will try and leave the windshield alone - it is expensive to replace and they need it if they are to get away with the car. I guess it is discouraging when you cannot get access inside the car with just a stone-throw in a side window.

Although I believe it may have been an inside job at the dealership.

I AM SO PHUCING PISSED!

I just got off the phone with the officer that cought the kids that tried to steal my car. The officer stated that he was patroling the area that night and he just happend to drive by the dealership. He stated that he spotted three kids around my car with my car pulled up on the side walk... He said when he pulled up the kids took off and he called for back up. Two other officers that were in the area chased them down and cought two of them.

The third got away. The car seemed to be driven from the dealer lane to the front of the dealership. The officer stated that he talked to the Sales Manager and he explained the situation. It seems that the dealer left the keys in the car overnight and left the door opean with the keys in it.

The officer said that the kids stole some CD's that were in it but they were recoverd. The dealership lied to me and said that the car wasn't moved. It wasn't driven nor had anyone entered the vehical.

The cop thinks that the kids couldn't drive stick..got it to a move a little then got stuck. Wich pissed me off even more.

I am about to call a lawyer to see what I can do about the dealerships neglegance.

I have been a customer of their's for years, and mine was the first Legacy they sold. But, lieing to me like that was too much.

The kids are being held for Tresspassing, Grand Theft Auto and Resisting arrest. I will testify against them

B4

It gets worse and worse, bro! Not only must we worry about the general public, we must also be wary of unscrupulous places of business upto and including dealerships!!! I think SOA needs to hear about this. Not directly to get anyone at the dealership, but just so they can tighten up the way things are done. Not that the truth would have been any better, but it would have been nice, and you deserved at least that. Hang in there! And hang those (censoreds) while you're at it!
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

One thing Ford SVT dealers will do is put a customer's Mustang Cobra up on a lift, out of reach if the car is left overnight. With the STi's and LGTs moving more upscale SOA may want to adopt better customer service standards.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

Sorry to hear about this incident. Hopefully the two kids will rat out their friend and all get jail time. How old are these "kids" anyway? If they are 17...they will probably be tried as adults and that would suck for them since it won't come off their record for the longest time. Who wants to hire someone with grand theft auto on their name.

Dunno..with my "Inside Job Theory" I was hoping the kids would out someone at the dealership so that would prevent anything else like this happening.

But, yeah, I thought about how young they might be... But hey..it's not my call now. I will get a summons and go to court and that will be that.

B4

Guest *Jedimaster*
I hope the little bastards learn their lesson. If convicted, and classified as minors, they'll likely be segregated from the adults to prevent Bubba from giving them any bungy. Nonetheless, it should teach them that other people's cars=off limits.

I am just worried about my car right now.. PHUC the kids.... If they jacked up my tranny or my clutch or anything ele for that matter.. I will not be happy.

I wonder what the dealer is doing now to my car to cover up any hint of miss-use.

B4

Archived