LegacyGT.com

I have a tip...

SubieGuy

FYI...I have posted problems with my head gasket leaks in my '03 (yes, '03, NOT covered under the recall). Originally I was denied by three different customer service reps (now I know what Jesus felt like!).

However, I INSISTED on speaking with someone up the ladder and that person is writing me a letter on Subaru letterhead saying they will cover any head gasket issues up to 8 years or 100K, whichever comes first. Those are the original parameters from the recall for the '99 thru '02 2.5L engines.

The moral of the story is: Ask to speak with a regional manager, don't mess around with the first line of defense...

First head gasket replaced at 27K....second one lasted 9K! We'll see how long this one lasts. Stay tuned!

It sounds like they aren't putting them in right or their procedure is not adequate. I've done countless head gasket jobs and never had a single one come back, I will admit I'm fairly anal any time I take the heads off a car as far as how many things I clean but I'd like to think anyone else would be when they're dealing with that.

Cheers,

Joel

Archived