LegacyGT.com

WTB ej255 or ej257 OR sell my 05 Legacy gt limited??

005LegacyGT

I spun a rod bearing in my 05 Legacy gt limited,

i need a new short block and turbo and all of that good stuff. anybody know a good shop or website to order off of where i wont get ripped off???

OR i would be willing to sell my legacy gt for a reasonable price, it had like 120k on it and the body is in pretty good shape

OR trade the legacy for a car that runs?

Let me know what you guys think!

I spun a rod bearing in my 05 Legacy gt limited,

i need a new short block and turbo and all of that good stuff. anybody know a good shop or website to order off of where i wont get ripped off???

OR i would be willing to sell my legacy gt for a reasonable price, it had like 120k on it and the body is in pretty good shape

OR trade the legacy for a car that runs?

Let me know what you guys think!

These are guys are brothers from Turkey and have always taken great care of my Subaru needs. They specialize in bigger item rebuilds. I do not think their prices/quality will be beat. They even work several hours on Saturday! http://www.subieauto.com/about-us/

They have been known to buy disabled vehicles to flip; so this could be another option for you.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got an 06 Spec B with a cylinder 4 misfire. Worst case senario, from what I've read is a new engine. Worth is to go to the 257 and would it be difficult to do so?

Worth it is up to you. It's not difficult per se, in terms replacing a block it's probably easier than many. It isn't cheap, though. The shortblock alone will cost you $1800 or so.

Worth it is up to you. It's not difficult per se, in terms replacing a block it's probably easier than many. It isn't cheap, though. The shortblock alone will cost you $1800 or so.

a buddy is gonna help me with the labor (i figure 4 hands are better than 2) can i use the same cylinder heads or do i have to get new ones to match? can i pull enough off the 255 to make it worth it going to the 57 as opposed to just replacing the 55? as you can probably tell, i'm still a rook haha:lol:

You don't need to change a thing, just drop the EJ257 shortblock in place of your current one. You get slightly different/stronger pistons out of the deal. The rest is identical.

You think that that sti has stronger pistons then the leggie/wrx? Aren't they also cast?

Archived