LegacyGT.com

Make a data CD, dump the files on there, and you're done. Nothing special is required.

CD Burner XP is great (and free -- google cdbxp to find it). Does DVDs too, and works on any OS from XP onward.

I assume you are using a PC? If you are using a Mac you need to choose data under one of the options in iTunes, I forget which one.

PC's should be as easy as drag and drop, and the Subaru HU does use folders. It will start at the root and then use the up/down category buttons to change.

Also are your MP3's drm'd? The suby HU won't play them if they are......same goes for WMA files

• 2 months later...

Sometimes with Vista burning a data disc won't work for me. There is a setting that you can make a choice for, where it will allow it to work, but I can't be arsed to remember what that choice is.

I use Windows XP for making discs - it's just another reason to hate Vista.

There is nothing wrong with Vista burning. I've used Vista and windows 7 to create mp3 discs.

Nightspeed, can you take a Screenshot of exactly what you are trying to do? Are you literally dragging and dropping and saying "burn"?

Also, once the disc is "finished" can you read the disc as a regular data CD?

Are the discs CD-R? CD+R and +RW might give you additional issues.

There is nothing wrong with Vista burning. I've used Vista and windows 7 to create mp3 discs.

Nightspeed, can you take a Screenshot of exactly what you are trying to do? Are you literally dragging and dropping and saying "burn"?

Also, once the disc is "finished" can you read the disc as a regular data CD?

Are the discs CD-R? CD+R and +RW might give you additional issues.

I will have to get back to you. Its 3:30am and I work nights, but I have tried multiple methods, drag and drop among them since it used to work with my avic N2/N3. The computer could read them. I'd double check them but they're somewhere on the road and the trash. "Unintended" acceleration out the window and the like. I believe the discs are CD-R

Archived