LegacyGT.com

AccessTUNER Race, here she comes!

LittleBlueGT

From Trey Cobb:

We were a few days away from announcing the release date for the AccessTUNER Race (formerly StreetTUNER) software so I don't have a more formal release completed yet but I can fill you all in on the details in a rough draft. This represents decisions made many, many moons ago and we hope it reflects the current needs of the fellow enthusiast.

AccessTUNER Race for new AccessPORTs

Release date: August 25th, 2008

Price: $0, FREE web download.

The process will work as such:

1) A link from our website will go active on August 25th to download the AccessTUNER Race software.

2) You visit the link and fill out a basic survey/questionnaire.

3) We email you a download link.

4) You download, install, and start tuning!

The software is vehicle specific, and is not limited in any table/parameter access. It offers the exact SAME depth of access to ECU parameters as the Pro version. So if you have a new AccessPORT, you can Real Time tune, datalog, etc just like the Pro version.

The software will NOT allow you to open up other Pro maps (.ptm) aside from the COBB maps. We're opening up ALL of our maps for you to use as starting points for your tune. That literally means you just open the maps already on your AccessPORT, download the ones on our website, etc and start tuning. IF you have a Pro tuned map that you want to adjust, all you need to do is contact your original tuner and ask that they send the map for you in the Race format (their software can already do this, it's as easy as File->Open, pick your map, and File->Save->Race... a whopping 5-10 seconds of work). You can then view the exact details of your map, edit it, etc. And just like the original software, you can share maps with one another, and so on.

We can start another more official thread to discuss this if you'd all like. I just figured this would be a good place to make everyone aware of our plans.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, it certainly makes the A/P more appealing. I may consider shelling out the dough for one now (been using Open Source) since I'm regularly switching maps for gasoline and E-85 these days. Not to mention the ability to change parameters in real time makes tuning a MUCH quicker process. Thanks for the info. My Brother-in-law owns an 06 VF-39 powered FXT using A/P V.2. I'll be trying this out ASAP.

Are any "Pro-Tuners" complaining about this yet? They pay good money for Pro-tuner capability and licensing and now Cobb has essentially opened the door up to allow any tuner this same capability. What will keep the pro-tuners paying the big bucks for the pro-tuner software/capability?

Are any "Pro-Tuners" complaining about this yet? They pay good money for Pro-tuner capability and licensing and now Cobb has essentially opened the door up to allow any tuner this same capability. What will keep the pro-tuners paying the big bucks for the pro-tuner software/capability?

It is a bit of a kick in the nuts, since Protuner was over $2K. However, I understand Cobb doing this as a response to the rise in popularity of OS. Really though, it doesn't make any difference to me as a tuner since people are paying me to tune their cars and not for the software. Same thing as me tuning a car with OS, UTEC or a standalone. The consumer can already tune it themselves if they wanted to, but many chose to have a professional do it.

Cobb seems to be going after some of the people who would otherwise have gone OS, with the lure of fully integrated logging and most importantly realtime tuning. It's a business move meant to help sell more AP's which frankly is what they are in business to do. It does kind of hurt the tuner network, but we'll all adjust and get along just fine.

Did they mention if wideband integration will be included as part of the logging like romraider?

I personally think that the OS community has a higher level of support than Cobb could ever provide, but it takes more experience than the average AP user to take advantage of that. It's like Linux vs Windows...everyone knows who will fix bugs faster.

infamous, can't you still use the tactrix cable with AP, doesn't seem like you'd need to buy an AP if the customer has one.

Yes I can, the AP is just for me :p. Realtime tuning makes little tweaks so much easier since there is no need to completely flash the ECU for changes.

Archived