LegacyGT.com

Febreeze Smell by dealer

you could take it back and bitch. or take it to a professional detailer.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Use resolve carpet cleaner on the carpeting and roof-liner and throw some arm and hammer baking soda under your seats for a few days. Of course your car will smell like resolve for a couple of days but before you know it all smells will be gone. This is what they do at a local BMW dealership by me.

I also tried it on my old car (b/c I used to smoke) and it worked wonders.

There is a deodorizer that is used to get rid of the funk smell from your a/c evaporator. You spray it thru the vents. That might work.

There is also a mineral called zeolite. Its a clay mineral with a crystalline structure with holes in it. The odours are captured inside these tiny holes. I bought a satchel that was packed with the stuff. Did a pretty good job at keeping the odors away. Every couple of months you set it in the sun to recharge it. I imagine the heat releases the absorbed odors. If you could get this in a granular form, work it into the carpet like those carpet deodorizers, it would probably fix your problem.

Good luck!

The ozone cleaner is suppose to work.

It got me thinking though; those Ionic breeze "air cleaners" emit ozone, so why not put one in your car for a day or two and let it do its thing? I don't think the one in your link is quite the same.

My buddy bought a 92 LeBaron convertible that WREAKED of cigarette smoke when he bought it. He tried everything to get it out. Only thing that worked was the $2.99 bottle of Ultra Citrus spray at AutoZone. Worked the first time he used it and it smells great too.

Man I miss that car.

Archived