LegacyGT.com

Some questions from a new Subaru owner

I have some very basic questions about my 2009 Legacy 2.5i SE. Its my first Subaru. It has factory remote start, and when I used it last night, the horn beeped each time I hit the button. Is this normal, or is this a sign that my battery is low in the remote?

My drivers seat has a manual lumbar support adjustment lever on the side of it, and it is rather difficult to move. Is that normal?

I would like to purchase some touch up paint, as there are a couple small chips in the spoiler I want to touch up. Can you purchase this anywhere, or strictly from a Subaru dealer?

I'll throw in on the paint issue. You can get it at dealer..I just got a touch up bottle there myself..$14 for a small bottle.

You can also find it in larger quantities all over the net. You just need your body paint code which you can find on your frame stickers or by vin number online.

Dr. Color Chip is apparently the cats meow for paint chips

Not sure about your Lumbar lever, mine is always in "support mode" so I never move it.

Hopefully someone can chime in on your remote start issue. You could always check the manual, I'm sure it's referenced.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

The dealer in my area charges $10 per bottle of touch up paint, so I went ahead and ordered from him. Seems expensive for such a little bottle, but it appears to be a decent price from a dealership for this item.

I suppose its possible my lumbar lever is at max adjustment. If its pointing towards the sky, its providing no support, and right now its at a 45 degree angle.

I checked the manual about the horn beep with the remote start, and it is normal, and can be programmed to be turned off. Thanks for everyones help.

Archived